• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Apex/Attak Windshields

Here's a couple pics of the most popular styles.

Attachments

• Low Blue Chrome.jpg
    Low Blue Chrome.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 585
  • Low Black Chrome Fade.jpg
    Low Black Chrome Fade.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 531
  • Low Chrome Black Fade.jpg
    Low Chrome Black Fade.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 587
  • Mid Black Chrome Fade.jpg
    Mid Black Chrome Fade.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 635
The stock GT and RTX windshields are lower than the low accessory ones shown on Yamaha's site. The low accessory ones look to be about the same height on the sides as the stock GT and RTX but the center section is filled in and taller by a couple inches.

As far as RTX windshields go I think Yamaha summed it up in the full on snowmobile brochure when they said the RTX was "Bold and not for sissy's". Just joking I wish there was some options with the Red to Black fading on some mid sized windshields for the RTX owners but at this point I don't think it will happen.

I know alot of people on here have been desperately waiting to see and get some of the new Apex windshields. We just received in the new mid height black/chrome/clear center style today (SMA-8FT96-10-BC) which should be extremely popular with the Apex GT owners looking for cool looks with good wind protection. We also got in some of the all black (SMA-8FT91-10-BK) new style bend low windshields for the Apex/Attaks.

I have sent one of the mids up to Mr. Sled to mount on his GT and get some good photos for us of how they look and how the handguards work with this set-up. If anyone is interested in getting one give me a call. Thanks

It's funny how a windshield can transform the overall look of the sled. I like the mid shield ok, but the sled looks just plain knarly with the stock shorty IMHO.

We have some low (RTX style) red chrome shields in stock and have some options on the handguards - Give me a call if you need one or want to check out options on the guards.

I have 2007 apex GT with a stock windshield. Can you tell me if it is more then 20" high.

Back