• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Apex ER, only 108 MPH GPS

SharkAttak said:
192 is way to many studs for a top end run, if your looking for top end 96 max

I was really not looking for a top end run, i was wondering why my sled was so slow compared to eveyone elses. Come to find out it isn't.....

Last years snow conditions were better around here for top speed. I ran 121 speedo for 109 GPS (non-studded). This years best has been 103 gps 115 on the "I Wish". Light fluffy snow with little hard pack. Last year extreme hard pack.

Those speeds sound about right for snow speeds. I saw 131 0n the speedo last year before GPS. now I see 106-108 most of the time. My buddy on a new XP told me he was going 121mph and I rolled by. GPS recall was 108. He thinks the GPS is wrong.................GPS=Mythbuster

112 MPH on radar.

192 studs is way too much unless you're running boost. What Dan said about 20+ yrs of tunning is true, with such a small window to not only ride but do some testing it takes tons of time and experiance. I've notice with my RTX on radar there's no sence in even pulling out the gun between 11am and 3pm. Unless you have a trailer load of helix's, wieghts and springs and you really can mess things up if you just start making changes just for the sake of doing something different.

RTX Rox said:
112 MPH on radar.

192 studs is way too much unless you're running boost. What Dan said about 20+ yrs of tunning is true, with such a small window to not only ride but do some testing it takes tons of time and experiance. I've notice with my RTX on radar there's no sence in even pulling out the gun between 11am and 3pm. Unless you have a trailer load of helix's, wieghts and springs and you really can mess things up if you just start making changes just for the sake of doing something different.

I would say running boost for sure but for that matter a clutch kit also. I just went from 144 to 192 studs on my Apex. I did so because I added an Ulmer Clutch kit and was getting way too much track spin with 144. I only have a couple of 'trail rides' in on the 192 and havent really noticed a difference in ride quality. She also seems to have more grip now with the 192 as well. My initial thought (before I rode it with 192 studs) was that I might have to go with more carbide up front. I run the pilot skis with 6" center and 4" outside carbides and they seem to be a good match. If I find otherwise I will go to an 8" center or a 60degree 6" center. I think if you are doing alot of lake riding or long WOT runs 192 would be way too many carbides but because of the power the Apex puts out/down to the short track the 192 studs really help.

I dont think the I loose very much if any top speed with 192 studs vs 144 in near perfect conditions. Maybe vs no studs you will loose top end. My GT runs 112 on my gps on our hardpacked side roads any time I want. Conditions make the biggest diffence, add some fresh snow to the road, or ride on the "groomed " trail system and top speeds go way down. I rode a couple hours a few weeks ago with my gps in my pocket. Even with some WOT runs down a RR grade, my top speed on gps was only 98.

But I think we are all way to concerned about top speed. 100+ mph is really just crazy. Do I really need to go any faster??? Something inside is still telling me YES!!!

MCApex44 said:
RTX Rox said:
112 MPH on radar.

I would say running boost for sure but for that matter a clutch kit also. I just went from 144 to 192 studs on my Apex. I did so because I added an Ulmer Clutch kit and was getting way too much track spin with 144. I only have a couple of 'trail rides' in on the 192 and havent really noticed a difference in ride quality. She also seems to have more grip now with the 192 as well. My initial thought (before I rode it with 192 studs) was that I might have to go with more carbide up front. I run the pilot skis with 6" center and 4" outside carbides and they seem to be a good match. If I find otherwise I will go to an 8" center or a 60degree 6" center. I think if you are doing alot of lake riding or long WOT runs 192 would be way too many carbides but because of the power the Apex puts out/down to the short track the 192 studs really help.

That 112 MPH I did was without studs. I put in 96 last week and I run a Ulmers Stage 2 as well. It spins out of the hole a little but if you just bar it you'll sping anything, you gotta have a little feel.

best i have ever seen is 111mph GPS

i have no studs totally stock 07 RTX

i would say i normally run a solid 105mph...

hope this helps

cheers
Warts

Two times this season I ran 125mph on speedo on the RR grade between Hurley and Mercer....for those with GPS and/or radar what does this equate to in real MPH?

YamaBert said:
Two times this season I ran 125mph on speedo on the RR grade between Hurley and Mercer....for those with GPS and/or radar what does this equate to in real MPH?

My dream meter was bouncing between 120 and 121 when I ran 108 GPS. I have found it to be consistantly 12 or 13 MPH off when running top end. You were doing 111-112 MPH. Nice run....

Back