• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apearm

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Apex ER
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum but have some questions.

I bought a yamaha apex 2007 121 ER last season. It was in pretty good shape 14000kms, did fluid changes, greased it and just ran it for the season to see what it might need.
Wow does it ever have a arm stretching pull in the mid range! Hadn't felt anything like it. Previously only driven my dads 380 grand touring and growing up on a Late 70s johndeer spitfire this was quite the change.

Since then I have found some items that arn't stock:
- PCV fuel controller with no loaded maps,
- bender 53/44 helix on the secondary with stock spring (black with pink stripe). I have the spring set to pin 3-3.
- stock Y-headers with MBRP x pipe and muffler
- stock primary weights with a red spring blue stripe.
-airbox appears modded with 6 1” holes and a frog skin filter
- 121 track ripsaw non studded, woody double carbides

Riding style is the speed limit and opening it up on a nice flat lake if we can find them any more. Most Ive seen so far is 100mph gps on a +5 degree day. Its going to see an easy life, but my Dad and younger brother have just restored a well working Mach Z 2007 1000 sdi. And I thought the Apex had a yank... Wonder what I could do for the ape to ensure its running to the best it can be. So far I have replaced the idle wheel bearings, 4th wheel kit and set the mono suspension to max soft, minimum peload, Max transfer and loosened the front suspension to minimum preload as well. Strap fully pinned out. It picks the skis up nicely and holds them for a good 60ft, seems to be the best we could get the transfer. It still needs near perfect conditions to hook.

Fingers crossed this rain in Ontario turns to white flakes.

welcome.

that much transfer usually hurts your top speed from what i have read. personally not a top speed guy but that apex is just starting to break in well as i have 30000 km on my 11 and still going.

I bought a yamaha apex 2007 121 ER last season. It was in pretty good shape 14000kms, did fluid changes, greased it and just ran it for the season to see what it might need.
Wow does it ever have a arm stretching pull in the mid range! Hadn't felt anything like it. Previously only driven my dads 380 grand touring and growing up on a Late 70s johndeer spitfire this was quite the change.

- bender 53/44 helix on the secondary with stock spring (black with pink stripe). I have the spring set to pin 3-3.

Riding style is the speed limit and opening it up on a nice flat lake if we can find them any more. Most Ive seen so far is 100mph gps on a +5 degree day. Its going to see an easy life, but my Dad and younger brother have just restored a well working Mach Z 2007 1000 sdi. And I thought the Apex had a yank... Wonder what I could do for the ape to ensure its running to the best it can be. So far I have replaced the idle wheel bearings, 4th wheel kit and set the mono suspension to max soft, minimum peload, Max transfer and loosened the front suspension to minimum preload as well. Strap fully pinned out. It picks the skis up nicely and holds them for a good 60ft, seems to be the best we could get the transfer. It still needs near perfect conditions to hook.

All flakes north of Toronto right now.

Holding the skis up is robbing power.

Getting a good tune for that empty PC5 would help performance.

I , at one time , had both an Apex and the Mach Z 1000 .
The apex could not keep up to the 1000 , and the 1000 trailed like on rails .
Top speed Apex 113 mph , 1000 118 mph ! on radar .
So why did I get rid of the 1000 , when it came time to decide which one to sell ?
KABOOM ! one month after I sold it !
By all accounts it was not if it would blow up , it was when .

KABOOM !

Just sold a 2007 apex gt that was bone stock and under perfect conditions went 109 gps,,,125 on the speedo. Other times it maxed out 121 speedo.

We have 4 07attacks two of them are the GT version, bones stock and all I can say is the mapping was perfect in 07 because these sleds fly The fleet will GPS depending on conditions anywhere from 105 to 112. they have between 16,000 and 20,000 miles on them.

Back