• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 apex starter

HABS 1

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 apex gt,136 Hartman ext,dalton clutched,full excel exhaust,yamiheaters,cna pro ex white skis,hid lights,mtx riser,1.5 intense track,etc,etc!---2021 sidewinder xtx se
qick question on a 06 apex starter, i recently pulled out my sled to use my trailer for a week, started fine, got home went to start it back up to pull back in the trailer and it made real bad noise, iv never once had a starter issue with this sled in 10 years, battery is good and fully charged , tge sound to me is a bad bendix , so i figured new starter no big deal, the more i look into this it look like they have a sprag clutch also? i was gonna order a new starter so i had one here once i broght the sled home again in a coupke months, shoukd i get a sprag clutch also? is this common? it does have higher milage on it cant remember exactly thinking 17,000 mi

unless you where running an energy conserving oil at one point, the spragg clutch should be fine. i do reccomend oe for the starter as we have tried aftermarket ones but they only live as long as the warenty.

making me think i should be looking at the starter in the 2011 as it is at over 17000 mi atm.

ok thanks that was my next question oe or aftermarket, iv only ran amsoil in it ,i replaced the stator couple years back with oe yamaha and kind of thoght that with a starter also, thinkin mabe with age and milage the electical components are just in need or replacement!!

you are at the age/milage that this stuff starts popping up. in the family there are a few sleds at that milage window. we just deal with it and get back to riding as i have been lucky so far in they have failed at a location where i had another sled ready to ride or easy to get to with the truck.

yes forsure, iv had the same luck with starter now stator before, both at home! ill get a starter put er on n keep goin thanks for the help

Back