• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Nytro ER / Looking at buying one/ need feedback

MWTB

I'm looking at buying a 06 Nytro ER W/1200 mile's on it. I'm new to Yamaha and need feedback on the sled. Is it a good sled? Are there any issue's I need to be aware of? How is the performance and ride quality? This will be my first experience with a 4 stroke sled. Any info you guy's can give me would be appreciated. Thank's, Terry

Ask the owner if the Cam chain tensioner is making noise.
Read the thread about it, and go from there.

If the price is right and the sled is in good shape, then I would recommend it. I have over 8000 miles on my '06, and have been very happy with it. The only major problem I've had was that I lost the speedometer bearing at the end of last year. It was the original bearing though, so I think I got my moneys worth. There are a few minor annoyances with it such as the poor handwarmers and the idler wheels, but they can be fixed. It's a great trail sled, with lots of corner to corner power and very good handling. The ride is much improved over previous sleds (Viper), but not perfect. It's not the fastest sled out there, so if top-end is what you're after, this isn't the sled for you.

Attachments

• MTX Skis.JPG
    MTX Skis.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 83
coyotekid said:
If the price is right and the sled is in good shape, then I would recommend it. I have over 8000 miles on my '06, and have been very happy with it. The only major problem I've had was that I lost the speedometer bearing at the end of last year. It was the original bearing though, so I think I got my moneys worth. There are a few minor annoyances with it such as the poor handwarmers and the idler wheels, but they can be fixed. It's a great trail sled, with lots of corner to corner power and very good handling. The ride is much improved over previous sleds (Viper), but not perfect. It's not the fastest sled out there, so if top-end is what you're after, this isn't the sled for you.
stick a pioneer clutch kit in it and you'll crap yourself.

If your a big guy like me the rear suspension takes a pretty good pounding. Pioneer has a good fix for it though. Other than that and awesome sled!! Just get a good warm pair of gloves unless you get the YamaHeater!

i love mine. but it depends on what type of riding you do.it has a harder ride than my wifes vector. but still quite nice. the only thing i have done to mine is upgrade the handlebars to get warmer hands and added a rear heat exchanger because we sometimes have very hard snow conditions. do some research and see if it fits the bill for you before you buy.

06 owner here the only issue i have had that others have are the indside idles, ordered a new set of rx wheels from port yamaha and all is good. not sure what all of the noise is about the hand warmers maybe i'm a little more resistant to the cold than most. the one thing i did do was put a mid height black rx wind screen on it the stock one puts alot of air and snow into you're chest and helmet. check out the oil tank have heard issues with cracking around the mounting bolts, haveen't seen it yet i doing the mod where i put grommets and bushing in place of the bolts so the tank floats. look out for hoses when and if you pull the air box if they are not hooked up completly they willeventually fall off and puke oil everywhere(don't need to ask me why i know this do you). other than that a very hard runner then gets almost 20 mpg's.

i love mine i got it with 900 miles on it it hase 1200 now never done anything to it a great sled it is a smooth ride and corner to corner its one of the fastest 4 strokes

Back