• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 Apex airbox mods

the fix / airlid mod makes power on top...
as to them not responding..
why not pick up the phone and call them? maybe they changed their email addy?

I bought this one off of e-bay and it sounds great. Dont know if there is any hp gain but it was running a bit lean down low so I had to adjust the fuel.

Attachments

• Apex RTX 001.jpg
    Apex RTX 001.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 122
yeah...thats made by Dan Bohn...similar just a lot less money...the lower prefilter material for the grilles can be had from outerwears

sounds good

Yamadog said:
I just installed my gyt-r-dun air filters on my new LTX GT. I had an old airbox lid that I cut all of it away except the center out to the rib that seals on the hood. I added 2 pieces of coat hanger to the rubber air box strap in the front and put a bolt through it and through the front of the air box lid with a wing nut. I then cut vents into the top of the lid and put mesh covers over it.

I can now access the front of the motor for an oil change without tearing off the dash pod. the sound is wicked and without the air box I have a large area in the front that I am going to mount a storage bag into to carry spare goggles and parts. I will post pics when I get back to Minnesota next week.
>>>
How about a few pics from under neath and with out the hood etc. Thanks !

Where is the best place to buy Outwears prefilter material in bulk?

outerwears....but its a fricken game...stuff sells for gold .... not easy to save any money unless you are a big shop...
for example..an 18x18 piece is 22.00....

MO is this.... The FIX works and it's probably the best going by 1 up on top compared to anyone elses out there. Now Allen's will do the job and sound pretty much like stock, because the FIX RAM air is loud. I was almost thinking of dumping mine and getting Allen's, but I spent enough this year so maybe next year I might get Allen's.

BADSLED said:
Where is the best place to buy Outwears prefilter material in bulk?
i buy all of mine from slp. its expensive but the stuff works, they sell it in sheets from like 8inX8in up to i think 20inX20in, i just bought the second biggest sheet they sell last week and it was $50 shipped.

Anyone else from Maine interested in getting together to buy some of this stuff. If not I might go with the lesser expensive ram air lid like the one in the pics. I hate to see all the stuff about Fix but ram air is pretty much ram air its a lid and theres is 100 bucks more.

Here is a picture of Fix - lid........As of it being loud----that is ownly when you are in too the trottle heavy.. when sled is at idle or you are crusing you sound stock......

Attachments

• .0659 cropped.jpg
    .0659 cropped.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 152
To get back on the Fix issue I have contacted them personnally over the phone and numerous e-mails and have spoken to the head boss on several occasions and still get the same BS I would not bring this up to fellow members if I personnally didn't try everything to get this issue resolved. Like I said Buyer BEWARE of Fixpowersports. I'm sure they love to take your money but if you have a issue or return forget about it. Mark ps Some parts of Maine got 6-12+ inches of new snow bring it on

not necessarily..
you might experience a stumble off idle...this can be adjusted through the pod (guage pack)..
more gains can be had with a programmer ...

Yeah you still need to add the K&N filters you don't want anything going into the intake.

You can buy them for about $ 80 and make adapters to mount them.

Back