• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07' APEX Exhaust Anyone build thier own? Want Under tunnel?

Well it worked great today, I do have that "drone" in the 6000 RPM range that most people have complained about. The rider of a sled that i had to tow back today said it was fine if I went fast but was deafing in that range, I told him I totally agreed.

No heasitation, although it did die twice at idle, not sure if I was getting moisture in the engine compartment from snow melting though........

I seemed to have misplaced my nose bag which didn't allow that snow to enter along with the weather stripping I installed.

Yea the stock R1 pipes are HUGE. I had a couple friends tell me I should look at a stock 08' Kawasaki 600 undertail exhaust.[/quote]

I am resurrecting an old post here, but I just picked up an 08 Kawasaki 600 undertail exhaust to try on my RX. To be honest, not sure it its worth the mod. Its pretty heavy, and being stock, its not gonna be that great of a sound. Not sure its worth messing with for limited weight savings and probably limited sound benefit.

I thought about using a stock CBR 600 undertail I had at first, well my first choice was the carbon fiber can that was suppose to fit my R1 but I traded it to a buddy for the pipe I used and some cashm which actually worked out better because I was able to cut it make it shorter.

Attachments

• IMG00304.jpg
    IMG00304.jpg
    506.6 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG00300.jpg
    IMG00300.jpg
    505 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG00298.jpg
    IMG00298.jpg
    612.3 KB · Views: 201

Back