• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 Attak; Not holding rev's

kenbar

Extreme
Recently I am not getting the peak rev's out of Attak with 3000 miles. It briefly hits 10000 but quickly drops to 9400-9500. I believe the peak should be around 10400-10500. Any suggestions? I put a new belt on at the beginning of the season with about 800 miles on it now.

Sounds like it's overshifting alittle it's common on attacks.
Remove the inner rivets on the clutch weights.

If the rpm,s recover to 10.500ish it,s normal with stock clutching. removing inner rivet helps till you get good traction & it will still do it. Normal using stock weights.

9500 is not normal for a broke in machine. Check the rollers in the primary. The bushings may be gone in the roller itself. It is possible they won't turn RPM's on a warm day in the deep snow,but 9500 is a 1000 RPM's away from peak. If you're running in wet heavy snow it would be best to get it geared down, that will help to keep R's up too. Check the rollers in the primary first though.

Mike
A stocker with a ton of miles & stock clutching will overshift; drop rpm,s & then recover with good traction. We have played with the primary weight configuration & can,t get rid of overshift on numerous sleds with riders varieng from 170 to 280 pounds. Aftermarket clutching works great to totally eliminate issue.

Had the same problems with 04 RX with a lot more miles. RPM would drop to about 9400. Turned out to be secondary bushings.

If rpm,s recover it,s normal. If they don,t climb back up to peak rpm,s u got some kind of clutch issue going on.

Back