• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 base phazer suspention setup for a fatty!

Thornton3280

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
07 yamaha phazer base
Just bought a 2007 base phazer and I'm 6'3" 270lbs. When I sit on the sled the rear drops more then 8 inches. Read some threads saying it could be a broken pivot arm which I checked for and didn't see anything. Also shocks might be bad? My model doesn't have rebuildable shocks or a clicker either. Also read something about guys running 2500nm torsion springs but I cant seem to find them for sale anyway. Just wondering if a center sc4 shocks will fix my problem and some spring blocks. Also does anyone know if the sc4 shocks are also the non rebuildable ones?

Just bought a 2007 base phazer and I'm 6'3" 270lbs. When I sit on the sled the rear drops more then 8 inches. Read some threads saying it could be a broken pivot arm which I checked for and didn't see anything. Also shocks might be bad? My model doesn't have rebuildable shocks or a clicker either. Also read something about guys running 2500nm torsion springs but I cant seem to find them for sale anyway. Just wondering if a center sc4 shocks will fix my problem and some spring blocks. Also does anyone know if the sc4 shocks are also the non rebuildable ones?
I think the base model came with those. Not sure if there are stiffer available. There was somebody making round plastic bushings that slid into the coils to add support and make the spring work better.

I was looking into those also just didn't know if that would make a big improvement.

I was looking into those also just didn't know if that would make a big improvement.
Probably not enough, but should help some. Maybe the first thing you should do is confirm which springs are in your sled, just to be sure.
Seems odd they come with the stiffest. Maybe @cannondale has input.

Hygear sells spring spacers. As far as I know no heavier springs available. If the steel oil shocks base has replace with good aftermaket. Custom Axis Rear works awesome on mine. It will help support skid very little though. But keep you from destroying it if ridden aggressively at all. Another thing is any stiction in that skid causes sag. Its really not felt while riding though. But if a guy cleans all shafts and bushings it helps alot with sag but after a ride or two it comes right back. I dont worry about it. While riding the skid works awesome with good shocks. Carver might also make some shocks for it. Or try Barn of Parts for used off a RTX. But do not bottom that skid while riding. If you do guaranteed to break skid very quickly.

Ok thank you for your help I'm going to look into what springs are on it and see if them spacers make a difference.

I’ve had 3 phazers now and they are a bit soft for a bigger guy. I did the high gear spacers which helped some. The rtx definitely had stiffer springs than our mtx. It also had better shocks. Also added a spring deal to them that engages the spring at different time than the standard spring holder on the rail. There are 3 holes in the rail already and it allows you to get into the spring sooner and increases the rate faster based on which hole you bolt it into. I think I got those from high gear but Schmidt brothers might sell them now. Crank the blocks to the high setting and it’s a fun little sled. I don’t pretend I’m a snocross racer so don’t know how it works if that’s the use but for general trail riding and playing in the forest road and ditches I didn’t have any issues.

i would check the link for the shocks as the one i had was bad but was not visible until we took it apart.

Back