• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 Phazer Cold Start Kit

coleman_nl

Veteran
just had this kit put on my phazer and was wonder how your sled started after..

did it start quicker, instead of the constant turning over

when it did start does it start like it did before the kit, or is there hesitation and low rpm when it first starts and cuts out and have to start it again, with the same result.

reason for asking is i just had this kit put on at the dealer and to me.. it just doesn't seem to be starting right... I have a full tank of fresh gas in it.

i bought mine with the update done already, & yes it did seem to me that it took awhile for it to fire up rather than a few cranks. i asked dealer it it was normal & he said its fine.
i'm checking my battery now to see if it's charged/putting on the charger & will let you know the turnout.

I got mine put on as a free update, but I noticed no difference. It wont get cold enough in newfoundland. Depending on how frequent you use/start your sled and temperature, the engine will need to turn quite a bit regardless of the kit.

dealer said my sled was turning over slower than it should.. it use to turn over 15 times no lie before it would even try to start.. now it starts on the 2nd turn but runs like crap at first and might stall and then i have to start it again and its idles low for a good bit then it will eventually get up to warm up rpms

i changed my oil last night , all i need now is to change my gear oil, grease her up, and pick up the tunnel block off kit and i will be ready for winter

Thats odd that you guys are having that happen, with my 07 GT I got the kit installed free and all I notice now is it starts way faster. Do you guys let your fuel pump prime before you turn it to crank? I just let mine do its priming cycle and then start cranking, starts and idles smooth. Im curious

Mine was never hard to start to begin with thats all. I let mine prime then crank it and it goes strait away. The idle is fairly smooth.

I just got mine back from dealer after having the kit installed. I noticed right away how much quicker it started. Used to crank about 10 times and now starts after 2-3 cranks. starts and idles normally

I just got my sled back from having this update done on Saturday. I only started it once (no snow around me yet), but I did notice that it started faster. Just like sinjin just mentioned, mine used to take around 10 cranks, but it started up on the 2nd or 3rd crank after the update. It seemed to idle just like it did before the update.

my battery was had a low charge. i didn't fire it up yet so i don't know if it solved the problem.

hey tayz588, how long are you waiting for the prime? i just turn key on wait a few seconds then crank it. still takes 8-12 cranks to get fired. but once it does, it's fine.
maybe my battery was not charged up to begin with?

Tayz588 said:
Thats odd that you guys are having that happen, with my 07 GT I got the kit installed free and all I notice now is it starts way faster. Do you guys let your fuel pump prime before you turn it to crank? I just let mine do its priming cycle and then start cranking, starts and idles smooth. Im curious
x2

the stalling after it starts should not happen, i had this proplem abter changing the oil filter so once it was good and warm i adjusted the idle speed now when i start it up cold idles around 2300 then drops down to 1750 its perfect give that a try.

i think my warranty is just about up, so i think i am going to call my dealer and see what they say about it. i don't think it should be like it, but i don't know why the dealer would give it back to me like this.

pat the rat said:
Tayz588 said:
x2

X3

i let it prime up.. and then try to start it.. i guess its back to the dealer yet once again.

cold start kit

What is a cold start kit? As far as cold goes Winnipeg in the prairies we have it. Never a real starting problem. Does take a few cranks, regardless of letting it prime or not before cranking. 2 to 3 cranks.

Back