• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'07 VK Professional

2007 professional chain case parts list

Does anyone have a parts listing for the new 2 speed chaincase. I am planning on putting the new 2 speed box on my 06 professional.

Thanks

Chris

I Have a complete parts listing for the upgrade completed. I crossed the 2006 VK Professional microfiche with the 2007 VK Professional microfiche. All interchangable parts have been deleted from the upgrade listing.

If anyone is intetrestec in this listing, please e-mail me.

Chris

I spoke with a Yamaha Canada representative yesterday regarding the availability of an upgrade kit for the 2006 VK Professional. She told me that Yamaha Canada was not cocidering this and I was out to lunch to think it was even a possibility. She also told me that there was no kit sent to any dealer in Canada to test. After having her look at this mesage, and talking to her superiors, she informed me that there was a kit sent to one dealer to test and that due to its high cost it would not be offered to customers. She also stated that it was wrong for the dealers to discuss this with customers. This would be an acceptable answer if all 3 dealers in our area did not tell all of their customers the same story.

Again, for the second time, in 5 years, I find myself a little dissapointed with Yamaha Canada.

On another note, I called Yamaha USA looking for a parts listing for the 2007 VK Professional because it was not available from my local dealer and/or Yamaha Canada. I explained to them what I was attempting to do and why and they forwarded to me a hard copy of the entire microfiche for the 2007 VK Professional.

Thank you Yamaha USA.

Chris

Hmmm, low range would be nice on the Rage! Breaking those narrow steep trails is murder on the belt... not to mention being able to tow out a buds sled if required.

Do you have a price on what that conversion kit cost? I was quoted $5000 from my local dealer without the labour which makes it crazy. I've been pushing for a kit since the spring, but not getting anywhere. If enough people call Yamaha Canada about this maybe we'll get somewhere. Scott_Harrison@Yamaha-Motor.ca is the guy to talk to about this.

Back