• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 fx nitro purchace

Sledheader

Country
USA
Snowmobile
08 RS Venture
My grandson is going to college next year in Houghton/Hancock in Michigans upper, he wants a sled to take with him and I have hit on yamaha four stroke,
possably a 08 FX Nytro, I want to buy something reliable as I'm his mech. and will be 600 miles away in metro Detroit, the fuel tank is a little small but I see Yamaha sells a auxiliary fuel tank that can be carried on the sled, as fuel stops are sometimes few and far between in the upper.
I'm looking for input as to the reliability of this sled and if it would be a good fit for him, he's 6'5", I have a 08 RS Venture and is been solid, I'm hoping to find the same for him.
Thanks Don

Unless the front has been updated, go with 09 or newer.

Is there any way that you can tell if the upgrade was done
Not real easy, the spindles have to be held side by side, I don't recall any markings on them.
I used to own an 08, then it tossed me off through a corner one time. I noticed a dramatic difference in front end stability after I switched out the front end parts to the 09

The 08 just needs to have a gusset kit installed in the front with tuner skis. If you install a Trail tank and then you wont need a hideous Aux fuel tank. I've one for sale $2800 in the UP just south of Houghton you can test ride before all the snow melts.

Back