• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 Grizzly 350

Joe Grygiel

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Grizzly
I have an 08 Grizzly 350 that sat for three years. I got it and replaced the carb, plug and filter. It idles and runs great up to half throttle, anything over half throttle it bog's down and loses power to you left off to less than half throttle. I put sea foam and rat it for about an hour with my son. It wont go over about 25 MPH. Any ideas of what this could be? I do not see an adjustment on the carb, I pulled the plug and its new and dry doesn't look bad. I checked the plug wire and did the ohmes test and it was good. Any help is appreciated Joe

I have an 08 Grizzly 350 that sat for three years. I got it and replaced the carb, plug and filter. It idles and runs great up to half throttle, anything over half throttle it bog's down and loses power to you left off to less than half throttle. I put sea foam and rat it for about an hour with my son. It wont go over about 25 MPH. Any ideas of what this could be? I do not see an adjustment on the carb, I pulled the plug and its new and dry doesn't look bad. I checked the plug wire and did the ohmes test and it was good. Any help is appreciated Joe

Did you drain all the fuel out of the unit? Replace the fuel filter?

Yes I drained the fuel tank out and the filters that I found were inside the tanks. I cleaned them out and have new ones on order.

Are you sure you have that carburetor back together correctly? You put in a new carb?, jets? Pilots? Slide? complete?

It came as a kit new carb not a rebuild) all I had to do was hook up the throttle cable and the choke. There was one idle screw that I adjusted to get the good idle. If I tilt the fuel tank up seems to do better. Some have said something about a clutch vent tube being clogged. I have no idea how that would affect this. Have you ever heard of that?

It came as a kit new carb not a rebuild) all I had to do was hook up the throttle cable and the choke. There was one idle screw that I adjusted to get the good idle. If I tilt the fuel tank up seems to do better. Some have said something about a clutch vent tube being clogged. I have no idea how that would affect this. Have you ever heard of that?

Never heard of that. It sounds like the its not getting fuel at full throttle.

Exactly what I am thinking. I have ordered a new control valve that goes on the bottom of the tank with the onn/off/res knob and then ordered a new fuel line that goes from the tank to the carb. Thanks for the replys

Exactly what I am thinking. I have ordered a new control valve that goes on the bottom of the tank with the onn/off/res knob and then ordered a new fuel line that goes from the tank to the carb. Thanks for the replys

I have seen the valve in the tank not provide enough flow (volume of fuel) and need to be replaced.

i have had problems with the vent line getting pinched off or plugged before. can you try it with the cap off or loose to confirm this?

mine is stuttering in the mid range from too much fuel. after 4 rebuilds on the carb, a new one is going on.

Back