• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 MTX Heavy Duty Torsion Springs?

quadtrac

Veteran
Im putting a Ulmer turbo kit on my 08, 153 MTX, and was wondering what most people are doing with the soft rear suspension in these sleds? Thanks

Ya I know that would be the best, but not sure I want to spent that extra $1400 this year! Do the apex springs help any?

Check out Hygear torsion spring spacers. I have seen them on a XTX and they make a world of a difference. I think they are only $40 or so. Will take care of ride height and stiffness.

Turbos and Timbersleds go together like peanut butter and jelly. Just not the same without one.

yamahaboy701 said:
Check out Hygear torsion spring spacers. I have seen them on a XTX and they make a world of a difference. I think they are only $40 or so. Will take care of ride height and stiffness.

Turbos and Timbersleds go together like peanut butter and jelly. Just not the same without one.
I thought it was ride height only. How can the spacers make it stiffer? I can see that it would help sag but how would it stiffen a spring? I think there 59.95 also ~ pricey...

bottlerocket said:
yamahaboy701 said:

I thought it was ride height only. How can the spacers make it stiffer? I can see that it would help sag but how would it stiffen a spring? I think there 59.95 also ~ pricey...

I thought it was for ride height only too but the XTX I was on was a lot stiffer then a stock XTX. I also just put them on my new sled and had to back the blocks down 3 settings because it stiffen up so much just sitting on on floor. $60 is a bit for them, mine were only $40 but took 2 months to get the right ones because they made them wrong the first time.
Not sure how it makes it stiffer but maybe it is how the springs coils around them?

Back