• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 Vector Starter Removal. Help Please!

Sleddog1

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2000 SXR 700
2008 Vector GT 40th Anniversary
2014 Viper LTX
Does anyone know the process of removing the starter out of my 08 Vector?? I have the rad hose removed and oil filter removed. The starter is loose ,but is just sitting free against the block. Not enough space to just drop it out. Why would Yamaha design it like this? Can I loosen some bolts and just wiggle it out? What a pain!

Have you removed the rear engine mount bolts. Removing them will allow you to tilt the motor forward and make room for the starter.

I read someone removed the front ones. I'll try removing the rear ones(closest to the track) and tilt it somehow forward.

I got it out. I removed all engine mounts and put a crowbar against the block and nugged the motor forward. I hope I didnt bugger the exhaust. It looks ok from what I can see.

Put a new starter in my 08 vector in November. Just needed to take the two front motor mount bolts and remove the right motor mount. Remove the two bolts holding the steering rods in front and use 2 one inch tie straps attached to front of motor to pull motor up and forward. Remove oil filter through access hole and unbolt and pull starter out through access hole too. You can get it by coolant hose without removing that but it's a tight fit.

Back