• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 VK Pro regulator connector

JimBC

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
VK Pro
The + side of the regulator connector has corroded off. I'll order a new rectifier/regulator but it would be good to also replace the connector. I know that the connector is part of the wiring harness but I don't want to change the entire harness to get one connector. Does anyone know of a source for that connector? It looks like a standard weather-resistant connector but no name on it.

Otherwise I'll have to make up a set of two female connectors to slide onto the spades in the new regulator using auto parts.

As has been said often on this forum, if you haven't pulled that connector apart and coated all parts with dielectric grease, do it as soon as possible or corrosion will shut down your battery charging system.

There was a kit with that the connector availiable from yamaha , it was a update! Check with your local Yamaha dealer or one that has been around for awhile! Hope this helps! Cheers!

I ordered the rectifier/regulator from Partszilla.com - quick delivery and it was an official Yamaha part. I found the connector set at
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07DCTQVMC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It looks exactly the same as the original part and goes together easily. I had to add a 6" length of wire from the old wire to the new connector. Cutting off the old connector made the wire too short. The manual says that you have to run the engine to 5000 RPM to read the battery voltage to tell whether the inverter/regulator is working correctly. I found that the battery read 12.7 volts with the engine off. As soon as the engine started and idled, the battery voltage moved to 14.4 volts so I didn't have to increase the RPM from idle. Attached is a photo of the connector kit and the regulator. regulatorConnect.jpg

Back