• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 MTX Suspension Advice Needed

stndinup

Veteran
Just picked up 2 09's one for me and one for the wife. I need some initial suspension set-up advice. So far I have taken up the limiter straps. She is 125lb and im 180lb on a good day. I have a small problem though, the nearest snow is abour 4 hours so I cant really test anything without a pretty long pull. We will be riding in Northern California.
Thanks

I am not too sure if i would have sucked up the limiter straps. It does help with track approach angle but it also adds ski pressure and in my opinion makes the front dive in powder. mine is still stock. That is my preferenceany way.

I agree, don't not suck up the limiter straps the sled will have a ton of ski pressure. Make sure the upper rear suspension arm bolts are in the upper hole on the drop bracket. '08's came stock in the lower hole and '09's in the upper to reduce ski pressure and darting.
You need to set the gap on the transfer rods at 27mm-30mm to start with. To do this, sit on the sled with an extra 20 lbs for gear, measure the gap and adjust preload to get the correct gap. The wife's will need the rear preload set on soft and yours will end up on medium most likely. You might also need to turn the rear shock clicker down 3 or 4 on the wife's.
I will attach the Nytro suspension setup and tuning instructions.

Attachments

• Nytro setup.doc
    88.5 KB · Views: 136
  • Nytro tuning.doc
    72 KB · Views: 140
My limiter strap is let all the way out. Clicker shock it set at 6 clicks and spring block is rotated to #2 setting. I'm just over 200 lbs with gear and it worked great. Bottomed out only occasionally (which is what you want). Rode in about 3 feet of fresh powder and handled great. Handled well on the trails as well. Don't think I'll have to make any more changes.

Back