• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 NYTRO XTX 144 What do you think?

better floatation than my attak,better big bump ride,lighter,i probably will not feel the arm streching pull of my attak but i DIG THIS SLEAD!!

I'm gettin on the Nytro Choo Choo train, this is exactly what I was looking for!!! I absolutely loved my RX-1 and everybody on this site obviously did too or you would'nt be here! Nytro XTX, 135ish HP, 144" track, It is the ultimate crossover! Remember the RX-1 was only 138 ponies and I thought Mine was great! The RX-1 was the sled they built their reputation on. It is the founder of the 4 stroke revolution.
You guys who seem to want some sort of "WOW" sled get out yer pocket books and go build one cuz when Yamaha does come out with it then you'll be complaining "why is the price $20,000"!!!
And for anyone wanting a "ski dont", go ahead and buy one but if you dont think for one moment that they'll have no problems with it your sadly mistaken! Just look at the XP's problems, and they were supposed to have that sled R n D'd from 3 years ago! Yeah Right!!!
I predict Yamaha to have 51% Market share by 2012
Say good bye to Polaris and Arctic Cat!!!
TFG OUT

Hits
1 I like the new tunnel, hopefully the MTX will have it as well.
2 144" track length. Could even be made into a mountain sled, with a taller track swap.
3 Looks like it has good shocks.
Misses
1 Where is the LARGER FUEL TANK. I cant believe Yamaha didn't address this issue. When your back country riding, you dont want to worry about having enough fuel to get back. Takes some of the fun out of it. Packing gas sucks.
2 Same gauge. Tach is hard to read on the fly. Should put the Apex IPC on it. A $10k sled should have something better then an entry level sled IPC.

Overall I like the sled, just suprised it didn't get a bigger fuel tank!

Here's some good news for Nytro owners and/or potential buyers that want more fuel capacity. http://www.mc-xpress.com/ On the right side of the page they have a "bigger fuel tank for Nytro" with 10.5 gallon capacity. ;)! The bad news is that it's probably not going to be cheap. :o|

Wow this is exactly what half of you asked for and they give you even more and your dissapointed?? Most of you sound like you want a mountain sled. Crossover to me is for people who ride 70% on trail so a 144 ripsaw is fine. Not the best track for deep pow but does the nytro mtx come with a 153 ripsaw?? No it doesnt but the mtx was designed for deep pow. A 1.25 will give the trail rider some decent slide life, fuel mileage and top speed. I play off trail with a 121 ripsaw all the time. A 144 would be fine I think. The pro active ck is a very very durable skid. The videos state that it has new shock calibrations to handle the stutters and big bumps better. No one has tried it yet to verify that so stop being so quick to say that they made a bad choice with the skid.......maybe they hit the nail on the head with the shock calibrations. who knows?? I agree they should of updated the fuel tank to something with a few more gallons but oh well, you cant have it all. I think this a good effort from yamaha to join the crossover market.

shadow637 said:
...100 miles on a tank easily. I ride with .... 600 Poo's and they are always looking for fuel before me.

HAHAH That is a straight out lie. He is looking for gas at 100miles on his 10-11 gallon tank. A 600 from polaris getting 9mpg.
Whatever..........

LIAR> Why BS?

This is something like people were asking for last spring.... A Nytro with a longer track.
Well....here it is. And all you guys complain..LOL

It is not perfect...no sled is. But you wanted a longer track, Yamaha read all your comments on here and the Blog...

Lots of people will like this sled....

I am still waiting for the bigger tank....

I would not make a BIG Deal about the tipped rails... It worked for Polaris, but they dropped it..... must be a reason.

z1029384756a said:
Sled Dog said:
z1029384756a said:
It is great that they have a 144, but should really make it a true crossover by putting a track that is not made for trails under it. I hope they made it easy to change the track to a 2" without having to modify or remove anything. Could be what I am looking for.

A 144 anything is good enough for the deep snow or you need to learn how to ride in it. Its not meant to climb mountains my friend and then go trail riding. Its a machine that can do the trails and allow you to go off trail and have some fun in the deeper stuff and the finger track will do that just fine. Plus the finger track is probably the best for keeping your sliders lubricated on the trail. You switch your track out to a 2" paddle and go trail riding and next you will be complaining your sliders are wearing out to fast.

I disagree the ripsaw may work in the deep snow that is set up or wet but does not work in the snow I typically ride in which is very loose. It will will just spin, almost everyone I ride with have replaced their ripsaws and the ones that haven't , it is on their to do list (ride with gades and crossfires). As for for slider wear scratchers work well on other sleds but probably the best option would do as BRP does and offer a 1.75 track from the factory. Even the older 144 Switchbacks 1.25 paddle track would be a better option IMO than the ripsaw as at least it moves snow in the light deep stuff.

My son constantly can ride with me and beside me breaking his own trail in 4 feet of loose snow with a 121 inch track 05 rx1. So come on guy a 144 would be a cake walk.

NytroFever said:
shadow637 said:
...100 miles on a tank easily. I ride with .... 600 Poo's and they are always looking for fuel before me.

HAHAH That is a straight out lie. He is looking for gas at 100miles on his 10-11 gallon tank. A 600 from polaris getting 9mpg.
Whatever..........

LIAR> Why BS?

I own an 07 RMK 600. Yep,I average about 9 mpg with it. :moon:

theflamanguy said:
I'm gettin on the Nytro Choo Choo train, this is exactly what I was looking for!!! I absolutely loved my RX-1 and everybody on this site obviously did too or you would'nt be here! Nytro XTX, 135ish HP, 144" track, It is the ultimate crossover! Remember the RX-1 was only 138 ponies and I thought Mine was great! The RX-1 was the sled they built their reputation on. It is the founder of the 4 stroke revolution.
You guys who seem to want some sort of "WOW" sled get out yer pocket books and go build one cuz when Yamaha does come out with it then you'll be complaining "why is the price $20,000"!!!
And for anyone wanting a "ski dont", go ahead and buy one but if you dont think for one moment that they'll have no problems with it your sadly mistaken! Just look at the XP's problems, and they were supposed to have that sled R n D'd from 3 years ago! Yeah Right!!!
I predict Yamaha to have 51% Market share by 2012
Say good bye to Polaris and Arctic Cat!!!
TFG OUT
:Rockon: X2 some people are never satisfied or know when they have it so good!I'am waiting for that $20,000 sled cash money.

drifter said:
Like always, this is a PRE-PRODUCTION model. Final calibrations can and usually do change...including skis, etc. If you want a $15000 Nytro, build it yourself, because with most of what some of you are complaining about, or whining about, that's what you would have to pay. For them to come out with this new model that is also improved in alot of areas, and to only charge $500 MSRP is impressive. I think we are going to sell alot of them.
:Rockon:

Back