• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 NYTRO XTX NEED HELP SUSPENSION.

Bowhead XTX

Basically I am a novice working on sleds. I just put 152 woody's mega bites in and added 6 dooly bars. Well my problem it wants to push in corners really hard if you ride fast it wears you out. I am looking to control the push. If you have any ideas what to do to help i would greatly appreciate the help
Also what would be a good ski to put on it. I was looking at Slydogs. I live in Michigan were the trails get ice, Hard packed, deep powder in the Upper. i only have 500 miles on her.

Bowhead XTX said:
Basically I am a novice working on sleds. I just put 152 woody's mega bites in and added 6 dooly bars. Well my problem it wants to push in corners really hard if you ride fast it wears you out. I am looking to control the push. If you have any ideas what to do to help i would greatly appreciate the help
Also what would be a good ski to put on it. I was looking at Slydogs. I live in Michigan were the trails get ice, Hard packed, deep powder in the Upper. i only have 500 miles on her.

Do some reading man..heard the slydogs wor well..I just have stock ski's with the worn out ractory carbides w/144 wody's. I just rider haha but do some of the tips located on the sticky's such as the front rear shock etc. that should help ya.

I live in two places Linden Mi and Flatrock mi.. But I mostly ride in the Upper since I use to live in Newberry! My job is in Flatrock and I live with my girlfriend down there!

I live in two places Linden Mi and Flatrock mi.. But I mostly ride in the Upper since I use to live in Newberry! My job is in Flatrock and I live with my girlfriend down there!

if you want I can tweak your supension for you since you are coming through my area often

Another thing that may help, is getting used to the difference in cornering a 2stroke vs 4stroke. Throttle control is crucial on a 4stroke. Dont get in and out of the throttle, keep it steady and smooth.
I run my limiter strap in the Top hole(loose) and the front shock(skis) springs with 0 pre-load.This would typically give you alot of push, but surprisingly it carves pretty well without a chit load of heavy stearing.

Edit Sorry, mis-spoke, I run my limiter strap in the second hole down.

Change out the skis for a set of skidoo pilots. It makes a huge difference. Its the skis that suck.

I don't know about your suspension, but if you have the original type of Dooly's you will get a lot of push...As long as your suspension is set up properly than I would think your cheapest route would be to replace the Dooly's with Deuce Shaper bars, triple points, or Snowtrackers...

Back