• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'09 Vector LTX GT remote adjustment dial

GudeMN

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro RTX SE (144in) -6500 miles
2015 Phazer XTX - 10,000 miles
2009 Vector LTX GT - 17,600 miles,
1999 Vmax 600 SX - 4500 miles,
1999 SRX 700 - 5100 miles,
2001 700SxR - 2200 miles
Hello everyone.....I recently acquired an '09 Vector LTX GT with an inoperable RA Dial. I have an Fx Nytro and a Phazer XTX but I'm not familiar with the RS sleds.

Is it somewhat common for the RA cable protector to fail and become damaged over time on these sleds? The inside "lugs" of the track contact that area. The exploded view on Partzilla looks to show the Protector (8FU-4475-01-00) having some type of runner to bridge the track over the protector but I'm not positive.

Also, what am I looking at when it comes to installing the new cable to the shock? I have only been able to stick my head in there to look around and feel things out. Is there likely to be a broken connection I'll have to remove/replace in the shock? I'm guessing I'll have to drop the skid to get at that area, correct?

Finally, is it possible to adjust dampening manually by turning the knurled part of the shock or am I out of luck until the dial is repaired?

Thanks for any insight.

Brad

Yes, the cable usually breaks on them. Barn of Parts makes an adjuster knob that you can use on the shock. I like the cable adjuster, so I would fix it if it was me. This is the part that you need. 8FU-W474A-30-00 Kimpex does make a cheap aftermarket one too.

Thanks for the quick responses. The assembly has been ordered.

Back