• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 xtx track

You can run a 2" challenger, but it has to be notched for the tunnel protectors/heat exchanger protectors... if you don't remove them.

I ran the factory notched 2" challenger on my rtx (136"). Worked great.

I run a 146" x 1.75" Ripsaw Lite Single-ply track on mine. I had to remove the tunnel protectors and the protectors on the front cooler to clear them. By removing the rear tunnel protectors you also reduce a ton of the ice buildup that these machines are known for. Only downside is that you cannot run studs once you do this. The Ripsaw lite is a 2.86" pitch track though, so you'll need different drivers too- although you'll probably want Extros anyways if you are running a deep lug track. I know a lot of guys run the Backcountry on these sleds too. Most seem to be happy with it, but I like the better lateral trail grip I get with the Ripsaw (has a lot of grooves/notches on the tip of each lug).

northerndoc said:
I run a 146" x 1.75" Ripsaw Lite Single-ply track on mine. I had to remove the tunnel protectors and the protectors on the front cooler to clear them. By removing the rear tunnel protectors you also reduce a ton of the ice buildup that these machines are known for. Only downside is that you cannot run studs once you do this. The Ripsaw lite is a 2.86" pitch track though, so you'll need different drivers too- although you'll probably want Extros anyways if you are running a deep lug track. I know a lot of guys run the Backcountry on these sleds too. Most seem to be happy with it, but I like the better lateral trail grip I get with the Ripsaw (has a lot of grooves/notches on the tip of each lug).

how are the tensioners at taking up the extra length of the 146"? or are you running larger rear bogie wheels?

Back