• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

105 M.P.H. 08 Nytro rtx. What are your numbers?

Daranello said:
SledFreak said:
Daranello said:
curryd said:
Does the medium windshield really give your more top end versus the small little flyscreen I have on my 08 RTX? Father has same sled with medium shield and his sled is a couple mph faster. Is it the windshield or just difference in motor? Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Swap hoods for a run and you'll see you'll be faster with the med sheild.... I run the med sheild, end of season did a swap to the stock low sheild and guess what...slower!

I thought I asked you this last year and I swore you said there was no change in mph?

maybe your right, I dont remember

I talked to a few other people and they said the same thing, that the mid windshield is good for 2-3 more mph on top end..

GT03235 said:
seems to be a lot of peeps only getting 96mph on there nytro's thats all mine will do period and i have held it no more speed just like hitting a wall

Try adding extra idler wheels, preferably a little larger too. I think this helped my top speed out. Last year, the best I could get with my RTX was 160kph, just yesterday I managed 170. ;)!

first ride on trail this year about an hour ago,full tank of fresh gas,nice hard rr bed,held 112-113 for 1/2 mile,8900 rpm

Grimm said:
GT03235 said:
seems to be a lot of peeps only getting 96mph on there nytro's thats all mine will do period and i have held it no more speed just like hitting a wall

Try adding extra idler wheels, preferably a little larger too. I think this helped my top speed out. Last year, the best I could get with my RTX was 160kph, just yesterday I managed 170. ;)!

Maybe thats why I can still get 100 mph on the speedo. I figured with extros, a 136 cobra and 144 studs I would be running a little slower but I can still see 100 on hardpack snow. Maybe the 135mm wheels helped the top end. And I'm 230 pounds instead of 210 last year.

skidooman383 said:
XTX should be faster due to angle.

Best I got was 97 on GPS at same time was 105 on Speedo.

Wow, your speedo is off quite a bit, since most are only off by 4-5mph at most.

Also, note that last weekend I got out and I did 110mph on the groomed trail. -10 out and was only turning 8830RPM. I still need to work more on the clutching to get my RPM's up and add my mid windshield. I'm confident I will hit 114-115 on the speedo on the groomed trail by year end. Then, I want to try it on ice, to see what it pulls.

SledFreak...You can hit those numbers by tweaking the clutch for sure. Have you done anything with gearing yet? Ulmers got a Stage II kit that will get it done for you.

SledFreak said:
Also, note that last weekend I got out and I did 110mph on the groomed trail. -10 out and was only turning 8830RPM. I still need to work more on the clutching to get my RPM's up and add my mid windshield. I'm confident I will hit 114-115 on the speedo on the groomed trail by year end. Then, I want to try it on ice, to see what it pulls.

Andy, where the heck are ya hitting that speed on a trail....railbed?

billymx815 said:
SledFreak...You can hit those numbers by tweaking the clutch for sure. Have you done anything with gearing yet? Ulmers got a Stage II kit that will get it done for you.

No gearing yet... But from what I hear the XTX does not respond to gearing changes.

111 on a shorty last year geared up 2 teeth on top..before all I could see was 104-105 have yet to try it this year where as its all broken in..and kinda broken up haha.

shaddow44 said:
SledFreak said:

Andy, where the heck are ya hitting that speed on a trail....railbed?

I guess you could say that... It's a road that is NOT plowed during the winter and is part of the trail system and the groomer groom's this as part of the trail. It was a little rough, more like a little wash board. The straight stretch is about 2500-3000 ft long.

Andy,
I hadn't heard that the XTX doesn't respond well to gearing changes...Good to know. Guess I'll stick with clutch mods

Back