• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

136" Extension - Total Cost

MNUser said:
Before I looked at this, I looked at a 2012 XTX and they want so much for one. Since my Nytro is paid for, I could not stomach the lost on selling it and buying the XTX.

Looking forward to hearing what others have done and thecist involved. I have a good friend who races the Nytro and has removed the track a few times so the installation should not be an issue.

I enjoyed the track swap out, and my opinion ( mine only ) the 121" is a much better suspension than the XTX , the 136" keeps the specs close but the 144" Kit is pushing the limits for an extension. Not to mention the Nytro (136") will actually look 10x better and gives you what Yamaha fail to do. Being able to actually go off the trail.

I've got the OFT 136" ext. and it works great. No complaints here! I would say go w/the OFT kit as you get great customer service to!!

MNUser said:
LSXM3,

What did the whole kit end up costing with the track? What track did you end up adding? Did the kit come with the tunnel extender too?

Thanks for the info.

i bought an arctic cat quite series 1.25 ripsaw from country cat for 300 and i bought the extensions used so i'm not sure on the pricing Scott just happen to go from 136" to 144 on his personal flatland sled so i was in the right place at the right time. i think all out you can get into it for under a $1000 if you shop around. i also did a big 8" wheel kit using artic cat M8 rear wheels (cheap cheap)
hope this helps you out

Yeah you can do it for under a grand easily. rail extensions are only like $130 ish I think, tunnel extension is cheap too. The track is the only expensive part.

i will also be doing a 136' extension, and am probably going to go with an intense. priced out at about $1000 cdn. not sure what labour time is if you're taking it in... if anyone knows I'd be interested to hear!

If your interested or anyone is, I've got a 136" 1.5 track for sale. I can get someone some more info or pics if your interested. I'm going to sell it and get a bc 1.75.

Just extended my 2009 rtx to 144 for out west. Between extensions and track it was around $800. That was with oft extensions and yamaha xtx tunnel extension. Port yamaha was selling 1.75 backcountry tracks for $400 this past summer but i heard the price went up.

MNUser said:
Before I looked at this, I looked at a 2012 XTX and they want so much for one. Since my Nytro is paid for, I could not stomach the lost on selling it and buying the XTX.

Looking forward to hearing what others have done and thecist involved. I have a good friend who races the Nytro and has removed the track a few times so the installation should not be an issue.
i stretched my shorty to 136 with the oft extension works wonderful.but i think you'll want to add some wheels at the tip up.if i was to do it again i might go 141 though.got rid of the ripsaw and replaced it with a cobra,and never looked back.

OK. I'm close to pulling the trigger. I'm going to go with the following:

OFT 136 Extenders
Tunnel Extender from TracksUSA
Cobra 1.375 track. - where did you guys buy the track?

Can you get the camoplast in a 136" for a Nytro?

Is the track on the Nryto a 15" track or a 14" track?

Does the 1.375 track affect the heat exchanger? Would a 1.5 have an affect on the heat exchanger?

Back