• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

14 viper xtx rear suspension

Ximer10

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 SR Viper XTX LE
hey guys like the title i need help with my rear suspension. Bought the sled used last year and noticed the rear end sagged quite a bit and bottomed out often. I figured the rear float 2 would need a rebuild but tried adding air to make sure. I ran 150 lbs and didnt help. I got my shock rebuilt this summer and just installed it back and still its sagging quite a bit. I added 150 lbs, and of course liffted the rear off the ground, and still its sagging. Is there something im missing here. I cant seem to get the track to sit normal? anyone else getting this problem? Please help!!

Sag is good. Wish I had more on my 129". Did your shock guy say whether oil was shot or something was wrong? As long as it returns in a controlled manner when really compressed like standing on bumper and jumping off you will not know if its working till you ride it. You do know the air pressure is measured with sled off ground? If it still bottoms often you will need a revalve,different shock and or Hygear linkage.

Currently riding a '14 Viper XTX with a different rear shock due to the exact same condition you described above. I had two FLOAT 2s warrantied before the third one sagged badly. Had enough of it, so I had the dealer change out the third (and final) FLOAT for a coil shock off a Viper MTX (not a piggyback, but works great). Highly recommended and fairly inexpensive (I forget the price but I believe it was $250 or so).

Currently riding a '14 Viper XTX with a different rear shock due to the exact same condition you described above. I had two FLOAT 2s warrantied before the third one sagged badly. Had enough of it, so I had the dealer change out the third (and final) FLOAT for a coil shock off a Viper MTX (not a piggyback, but works great). Highly recommended and fairly inexpensive (I forget the price but I believe it was $250 or so).
What was the cause though?

Oil. There oil dripping down the shaft when the dealer pulled it off the sled the second time. I’m not sure what it looked like the first time (wasn’t there and was replaced while I was away).
Some oil on outside shaft of Floats is normal but if it leaks past internal shaft it would do just as you say. QC at Fox could be better for sure. The odds of having two go like you did really is very odd but Not impossible like you found. Had one guy 2 of 3 shocks the Qs3 clickers did nothing on a 0 mile brand new sled.

Back