• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

144 rails on a 121 skid?????????

YAMMAROB

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 XTX Viper Hurricane Turbo,
2015 MTX Viper
Sons: 2009 Phazer Suprecharged RTX Streched to 153
Last weekend I broke a rail can I put 144" rails on a 121' skid or is it a compleat different suspention

Yes and no. If you want to install a 144" track at the same time then yes. The 121 and 144" skids use all the same arms and mounting hole. Quick bolt in replacement, nope.

I think he is asking if the skid components (front/rear arms, cross shafts, transfer blocks, etc.) from his 121 will mount on the 144 rails the same locations as they do on his 121 rails.

YES WE WERE GOING TO PUT A 144 FREERIDE IN THIS SUMMER BUT IF I HAVE TO BUY RAILS AND NOT EXTENTIONS IT WILL WORK OUT ABOUT THE SAME MONEY IF I CAN BUY THE 144 RAILS

YAMMAROB said:
YES WE WERE GOING TO PUT A 144 FREERIDE IN THIS SUMMER BUT IF I HAVE TO BUY RAILS AND NOT EXTENTIONS IT WILL WORK OUT ABOUT THE SAME MONEY IF I CAN BUY THE 144 RAILS
Your good to go then, all the arms and "stuff" are the same, you will just need to get an extra set of idlers to install where the rails tip up which you need anyhow if you had gotten extensions.

I've been thinking of doing the 144 this summer on my FX. For those who have done it what negatives were there to tail riding and lake running? What did you loose of the top end? How did it effect cornering and ski lift?

you loose a bit of MPG, and turning takes a bit longer. Not sure on the top end never maxed it out. Its fun to drive though harder to get it stuck. With mine I do 90% trail riding and no issues you have to be mindfull of slide life. When on the trail, I try and hit the soft stuff on the side of the trail every once in a while. I also have scratchers and the low snow wheels.

awesome thanks for the info

nswsparky said:
Not sure on the top end never maxed it out.

Don't run it for long stretches to the bar? Why? I use my sled almost everyday to and from work and I have about a 2 mile open it up lake run before I reach my house. Not possible with a 144?

I swapped my 121 skid and 2" Backcountry track for an MTX 144 skid and stock 2'' Maverick track.

I have a base 07 Phazer with a 8tooth extrovert and I did not loose any speed. Top end and accel is the same.

But I did gain quite a bit of flotation and deep snow performance.

3wheelerdude said:
I swapped my 121 skid and 2" Backcountry track for an MTX 144 skid and stock 2'' Maverick track.

I have a base 07 Phazer with a 8tooth extrovert and I did not loose any speed. Top end and accel is the same.

But I did gain quite a bit of flotation and deep snow performance.

That what I want to hear! ;)!

Dave,
You've met me, being a "bigger" weighted guy I never had any problems in deeper stuff with the freeride track/ SPG float plate/ A arm protectors/ Curves.
Ran it down a lake or 2 few times, good fun.

Pffft, who needs a long track.....

"121 baby" :tg:
003_zps3ea0ee0e.jpg

porkchop said:
Dave,
You've met me, being a "bigger" weighted guy I never had any problems in deeper stuff with the freeride track/ SPG float plate/ A arm protectors/ Curves.
Ran it down a lake or 2 few times, good fun.

Pffft, who needs a long track.....

"121 baby" :tg:

We have around 4 feet of snow and drifting to twice that in places. I went out in the field the other day and it did OK but struggle. The Freeride is no longer, sold it for $300. I figured I could sell the 121 stuff to partially pay for the 141 parts.

Back