• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

15 viper mtx clutching setup for >2000ft

flat sk

Veteran
If at all possible can someone PM me a copy of the 15 viper(mtx) service manual. Had some trouble getting proper clutching details from my dealer. Were at aprox.1608FT. I would love to hear what setup is being used for mtx NA users below 2000FT.
thanks,
TB

If at all possible can someone PM me a copy of the 15 viper(mtx) service manual. Had some trouble getting proper clutching details from my dealer. Were at aprox.1608FT. I would love to hear what setup is being used for mtx NA users below 2000FT.
thanks,
TB
OOPS! That should read <(less than) 2000ft

For 2500 feet and under, Yamaha recommends this:

Stock weights, 2 steel 17.2 mm rivets per weight, stock primary spring, stock rollers, 0-3 secondary wrap (30 degrees), stock helix, stock secondary spring

This is straight out of the tech update book

Stock weights, 2 steel 17.2 mm rivets per weight, stock primary spring, stock rollers, 0-3 secondary wrap (30 degrees), stock helix, stock secondary spring

Thanks, was told to install inner and outer steel rivets @ 13.5mm. Wasn't sure i was getting correct info....hence the post.

Dranttelss
Before i head back to my dealer to exchange the rivets(13.9mm PN 90261-06034) for the 17.2 rivets i thought id make sure they were for the viper mtx and not a shorter sled.
Again thanks,
Toby

Something important to consider, the Viper changes ALOT from new to broke in on RPM. My Viper changed 300 rpm over the weekend going from about 30 miles to 150 miles. Girlfriends Viper gained about 800 rpm going from 0 to 600 miles. Set for about 8500rpm and wait would be my advice.

T
Something important to consider, the Viper changes ALOT from new to broke in on RPM. My Viper changed 300 rpm over the weekend going from about 30 miles to 150 miles. Girlfriends Viper gained about 800 rpm going from 0 to 600 miles. Set for about 8500rpm and wait would be my advice.

Thanks for the advice, finally figured out that our local dealer was looking up the phazer mtx and not viper mtx. Pretty good try, really you can't expect too much out of a dealership.... Frustrating when it seems as though a dealer wants to sell the sleds but has weak knowledge in the parts and service department.

Back