• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

153 X 2.25 Nytro OR 151 X 2.31 challenger track for phazer

panorama

I need to get less trenching (better powder and hill climbing) with my 07 Phazer Mountain Lite. Sled has pipe and air box mods. I have two options available to me a 153 X 2.25 Nytro OR 151 X 2.31 challenger track... or even a 159 X 2.31?? -- what would you go with? OR is there a better option?

Thanks

159 needs longer rails 153 works well with a skid setback.

I did a 162 with apex rails and mountain tamer skid set back is about the same as a 153 with stock rails.

The soft Mav track works perfect with the low powered Phazer, any stiffer track and you will run out of track-speed--the set back gives a exellent approch angle.

Also to consider, with the 153 you will need to change drivers to 3.0 pitch. the 151 should be a 2.52 so you could leave your original drivers alone. I think going to the 159 would create snow flap/rear bumper issues. Which can be addressed seperately.

My vote is the 151 challenger. That is what I want to do to mine.

right -- I forgot about changing the drivers for the nytro track -- I do want to stick to the 2.52 drivers so I guess it its between the Challenger 151 X2.31 with a set back or a 159 X2.31 with a set back and rail extensions (I think I could just get rid of the snow flap or maybe make a bracket to move the snow flap back).

Is the challenger track really stiff?

Is the 159 Challenger too much track for the phazer -- i.e. would it give me less flotation than the 151 - due to a lower track speed?

i have the 151 challenger 2.3 inch lugs on my phazer , 144 to 151 rail extensitons , but what ever track you gets make sure its 14 wide , or it wont fit . cutting down a track is another option . but the challenger track makes a big difference on the sled , can go way more places . never been stuck yet this year .

Hey,
I have a 151 Polaris Series IV on my phazer that I'd like to sell. Pm me if you are interested in it.

Hey Panorama, I am running a 159"x16"x2" Challenger on my MP - same motor and drive train as your Phazer. I am running a 17x 45 gear set and get a track speed of around 70kph in bottomless powder and can run out at about 110kph on GPS in firm snow. If you are looking for soft snow performance, don't be afraid of running a big track. You know that old adage " go big or go home". Big tracks rock. :-o

I'm running the Challenger 151 2.3 and I love it. It has no problem turning this track, it also improved the deep snow performance leaps and bounds. I did go to a 17 tooth top gear in chaincase which I believe helped make it easier to dial in clutching. Also went with the simmons gen II ski's and they help a ton keeping the nose up out of the snow when its deep!

karl said:
Hey Panorama, I am running a 159"x16"x2" Challenger on my MP - same motor and drive train as your Phazer. I am running a 17x 45 gear set and get a track speed of around 70kph in bottomless powder and can run out at about 110kph on GPS in firm snow. If you are looking for soft snow performance, don't be afraid of running a big track. You know that old adage " go big or go home". Big tracks rock. :-o

Perfect! Thanks... That's what I want to hear... I think I am going to attempt a challenger 159 X 2.31 cut down to 14 & 3/8" Set back 3.5 inches with a 4 inch extension.

I think you will like that set-up, remember gearing is the next best thing to horsepower. I still need to do a bit of clutch tuning, 10900 currently till shift out, not bad for stock clutching though. Take pictures so we can see what you end up with.

It is real easy to do a tunnel extension on the Phazer .

Remove all the old stuff and just use 2'' by 2'' aluminium angels weld a square tube in as a bumper and use one sheet from the seat-mount all the way to the back. One good evenings worth of work.

Attachments

• IMG_0184.jpg
    IMG_0184.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 170
karl said:
I think you will like that set-up, remember gearing is the next best thing to horsepower. I still need to do a bit of clutch tuning, 10900 currently till shift out, not bad for stock clutching though. Take pictures so we can see what you end up with.

For sure I'll take some pictures.... though this may end up being a summer project. I am going to look around for a used 159 2.52 pitch track.

Back