• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

15lbs on powder lites turbo

Need for Speed 2

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
we just got back from a 900 mile trip . im stoked on how well my apex ran with the gt28rs turbo. i ran 15lbson pump gas using electronic boost controller. my buds run stock apexs i was always within 2 bucks difference on a tank of fuel. there are no heat issues with my front mount and oh boy is this thing crisp and responsive when the temps were at minus 25. its a riot to drive very reliable and just plain cool to ride. keep up the good work dave you delivered everthing you promised and a bit more. powder lites rocks.

I thought I was pushing it at 12 lbs. You must have allot of compression out of there.

I have piston and rods....when it blows the price doubles.... :tg:

12lbs on pump gas blew my head gasket....

guys i know that sounds scary but on short blasts from corner to corner it works. my intercooler temps are always with 5degrees from the air temps weve checked. on long pulls down a lake at quarter mile i will shut it down when seeing 15lbs. i wont run beyond that distance not because of deto as much as i worry about that camoplast coming unglued. you will think im nuts but in remote locations when we are tripping alot of clubs only sell regular pump gas and does it ever respond fast with that in it. i dont care what the masses say i believe intercooler temps play a far bigger role in the boost game than most realize. thats my opinion. i now have at present put 7800kms on this apex witho problems it was broke in on the dyno under boost with 6 heat cycles no oil consumption ever i chenge the oil every 2500kms religously. last year i ran an mcx rear mount this year the same machine i run powderlites front mount. no ignition retard and my own cam timing. i used some old school big block mentality for the cams seems to have worked no detonation at 15lbs. changing the subject a bit for credibility sake 565cid engine on pump gas putting out 912 hpsat 6800rpms that is still holding the record in my local area. we arent engine builders here either we run a collision center. but im adicted to torque.

If you read thru"bender II not running correctly" that is me. And I blew a head gasket with pump gas at 12lbs of boost.

Im about ready to turn the key again! ;)!

FAMILYMAN said:
If you read thru"bender II not running correctly" that is me. And I blew a head gasket with pump gas at 12lbs of boost.

Im about ready to turn the key again! ;)!

I dont think yours was from deto at all. If it was you would have not been able to put her all back togeather with just a new gasket.

Skydog ;)!

thanks for all the positive feed back guys. guess because you havent done it makes it impossible. im saying goodbye no more posts from me because alot of you guys are just plain #*$&@ heads. never positive just negative. ill say it again travis know it all more 7800kms never had the head off yet.

Back