• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

16 Viper LTX137 Turbo Clutching

Enticer

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha LTXDX
I have a 2016 Viper with new rods and MPI 180 turbo. I would like to know if the stock 180 clutch weights can be used with different rivet placements. Also what primary and secondary springs and secondary cam did Yamaha recommend in their factory parts list for that 180 setup? Please help!!!! Thanks.

At my Dealership they used aftermarket clutch kits. Thunder and Ulmer. For the Factory MPI kits. I know early there was no Yamaha clutching. they may have come up with something later on.

The MPI turbo kit didn’t come with clutching. But they had a recommendation of different Yamaha weights and a primary spring. That’s it. I tried it and it worked OK. But an aftermarket clutch kit will work much better. Go with Thunder Products, Ulmer, or someone who has some knowledge of setting it up for the turbo. I went with Ulmer and it’s a lot better.

Ulmer's kit and MPI are the same kit. I have it and it works very well. Call Ulmer and get one. No experience with Thunder Products but reviews on their other stuff is good.

Ulmer's kit and MPI are the same kit. I have it and it works very well. Call Ulmer and get one. No experience with Thunder Products but reviews on their other stuff is good.
My MPI kit did not come with any clutching. MPI only gave me a recommendation of which Yamaha weights to run and to swap the primary spring out for a brown one. That’s it.

Back