• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

18 Viper LTX

mich-fish

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
18 Viper LTX
15 Viper LTX-DX (wifes)
04 Viper (spare)
02 Viper (sons)
80 ET 340
After purchasing a 15 Viper LTX-DX for my wife and riding it, I bit the bullet and purchased a 18' LTX. put about 45 miles on it last night to break in the belt. What a ride compared to my 04 Viper!!! Now for some mods to get this thing to handle a little better. Any suggestions on where to start? Thanks in advance.

Get rid of those tuner skis .nothing you can do to make them work.they are not bad on hard packed trails but the snow was loose yesterday and I almost took out a tree.probably need a bigger windshield.lots of people are using the big venom clutch kit.4 wheel kit is a must.cruise around the forums here .lots of great advice.enjoy the sled

I almost bought that same sled because I wanted all black again, but the all black ltx dx doesn’t come with a heated seat or bigger windshield this year for some reason. So I went with the grey/blue ltx dx...it’s growing on me daily. Sharp sled buddy! 4th wheel kit forsure, either upgrade the skis or buy new carbides for the tuners, you should be able to get 500-1000kms out of the crappy carbides that come with it. I burned mine out quick this year at around 215 miles due to poor conditions. I’ve never had a problem with the tuners and good carbides. All skis push and dart...loose snow is definitely harder to steer in.

Very cool purchase. Glad to hear, knew it wouldn’t take long. Lol. Get some curve skis with 6” slimjims and it will rail. I put 40 miles on my tunners and bought the curves the next day. Completely different sled. If it was thought of someone here has tried without success to make the tunners work. Not worth the time or money.

Very cool purchase. Glad to hear, knew it wouldn’t take long. Lol. Get some curve skis with 6” slimjims and it will rail. I put 40 miles on my tunners and bought the curves the next day. Completely different sled. If it was thought of someone here has tried without success to make the tunners work. Not worth the time or money.
You told me I would get one after I rode my wifes. I really did not expect to like it that much.

By any chance do you know if your front track shock spring is the dual rate spring that cat changed to on ther zr models or is it the same single rate spring like what came on my 15 ltx dx?

Couldn't agree more....

By any chance do you know if your front track shock spring is the dual rate spring that cat changed to on ther zr models or is it the same single rate spring like what came on my 15 ltx dx?
I will check for you tomorrow. I will look at the wifes then look at mine and get back with you .

Very curious and thank you for taking the time.

I cannot tell a difference between the 15' and the 18' spring. So I doubt they put the dual rate in.

I cannot tell a difference between the 15' and the 18' spring. So I doubt they put the dual rate in.
You won't be able to tell without pulling the boot off the front shock. Dual rate coils are installed up inside boot. and the look the same otherwise. My understanding is that 16 and up got the dual rate spring.

You won't be able to tell without pulling the boot off the front shock. Dual rate coils are installed up inside boot. and the look the same otherwise. My understanding is that 16 and up got the dual rate spring.
I will try to check that out, I will be out working on it again tomorrow night.

As far as I’m aware only the LE models got the dual rate spring. My wife’s 16 SE does not have it. MY 17 LE does.

Yes, it has the dual rate spring. :beer:

Back