• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1st oil change?

pooner

Extreme
I'm at 700 miles and was going to change my oil but just got invited to go up north again. Do I rush it and change it or wait until I get back? Probably put another 700 miles on it. Always changed my other sleds right at 500 mile. How big of a deal is it? Thanks

I'd change it. Would you really be comfortable putting nearly triple the recommended mileage? Not that hard, so don't rush it. And be sure to double check that the old filter o-ring is not still stuck to the engine. Happened to me. Could have ended in disaster.

It's not like you are in a dirty environment and putting actual dirt in the oil so I wouldn't worry about it unless it is convenient and easy for you to do.

I would change it first just cause of break the filter is probably pretty dirty with metal.

I would get it changed also It doesn't take that long. And if you haven't done so yet your chain case will definitely need some adjustment at this point

I would change it especially being the first one,and would be nice to go over all adjustments.

Back