• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

20 horse power more

Blue shadow

TY 4 Stroke Guru
I went to the yamaha shop last weekend and been told that the main chip can be change to make more horse power.There is a aftermarket chip out there some were that gives a 20 horse gain.As any one seen such a thing.Thanks :shock:

There is no chip in the RX-1 that you can change to make more hp. If you want more hp you gotta do it the ole fashion way....boost intake,raise compression, change valve timing, & less restrictive exhaust.

Geez Turk, don't be so hard on the guy. He's a "Newbie" after all :) I have chipped my Powerstroke and my old truck with a 302. The 302 had no chip either by used what was called a "Piggie back" system that bolted in between the computer and the connector to the computer. It supplied new spark duration, fuel curves, timing advance, ect all through this little spliced in box. If our sleds have a computer that controls these functions it's a possibility but if like you infer and just a CDI then the old fashioned way it must be (unless you use a turbo). Powder Blue

Please explain how i am being hard??? I am just stating a fact & answering a question. If this is being hard i maybe better stop giving advice?

Now Now guys! I would be willing to bet there is a way to bump up the horses inexpensively, someone will come up with something.

I thought chips only worked on fuelinjecteds :?: :?: :?:
Especialy on turbos :!:

the r1 is fuel injected thats why there is a chip available,as long as the rx1 remains carburated its the old fashion way,however a programmer to adjust the timing curve would nice,save taking the motor apart to make timing changes!

More Power

Horsepower=$$$$$$$
Can you say TURBO?????????
:lol:

Turk, It was a joke man. Hence the :) Yikes! We all appreciate your tips. I certainly didn't intend to piss in your Post Toasties. Sorry.

How about those spark plug intensifiers? Do they work? They were called "Swazers" originally and now they are called? Something else. I can't remember. Would they work at increasing our horsepower?
Powder Blue

Back