• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2004 RX WARRIOR REAR MOTOR MOUNT BOLT REMOVAL

DJMAC

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2001 RX WARRIOR
Hi
I am replacing my exhaust donuts on my 2004 RX WARRIOR sled. I reviewed the great thread regarding that process thats posted on this site and its been very helpful. My exhaust hanger button bolts are rusted so bad I can't even tell what size hex driver to use to remove them so I thought I would use the suggestion of one of the members and remove the rear motor mount bolt and tip the engine. I have done a search and don't see any post as to how to remove that bolt. I saw a couple of threads discussing how the bolt can become frozen in and difficult to remove but not where it is and how to remove it. I believe I can see the nut on the chain side. and the head side behind the clutch? Do you have to remove the side body panels on the front and the clutch to remove the bolt?

Thanks in advance for help.

Dan

I agree it looks like a pain but it was one of the alternatives mentioned in the exhaust donut thread if your exhaust hangar bolts are frozen. The idea is to remove bolt and then you can tip the engine to create the gap you need to install the donut. I think I am just going to drill out the rivets. That seems to be the option with the least downside.

Why remove the rear mount? I am not following you. Getting the rear motor mount bolt is a pain.
Well I figured out why none of my Allen wrenches fit after I cleaned everything up I found out that someone else had snapped the Allen head hangar bolts and did not replace them so my Allen head was just going in a hole. I did disassemble everything and found my donuts are in pretty good shape obviously replaced recently. So I put in my new copper donuts anyway and hooked a Shop-Vac up to the exhaust and blew into the exhaust to pressurize it to see if there was a leak somewhere else and couldn't find anything except it feels like air is blowing down the tunnel? Do you know if there are any exhaust fittings in the tunnel was or is it just one solid piece of pipe? The flex stem pipe to the Head seem to be in great shape couldn't find any leaks there.

Well I figured out why none of my Allen wrenches fit after I cleaned everything up I found out that someone else had snapped the Allen head hangar bolts and did not replace them so my Allen head was just going in a hole. I did disassemble everything and found my donuts are in pretty good shape obviously replaced recently. So I put in my new copper donuts anyway and hooked a Shop-Vac up to the exhaust and blew into the exhaust to pressurize it to see if there was a leak somewhere else and couldn't find anything except it feels like air is blowing down the tunnel? Do you know if there are any exhaust fittings in the tunnel was or is it just one solid piece of pipe? The flex stem pipe to the Head seem to be in great shape couldn't find any leaks there.
Yes good move. Drill them out way easier. There is one more point where the 2 go into one and that has a donut bit it’s more likely broke there then leaking if you think it’s leaking into tunnel.

Back