• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 RS Venture Handling

I have an '06 Venture, and followed the 'recommended' setup procedures, i.e. front skid shock full soft, ski shocks full soft, xfer to max. Handling is much improved from those adjustments, but haven't messed with it since to try to improve. I think the front skid to full soft is what makes the biggest difference, IMO.

I pulled my limiter strap up at the same time I installed Simmons Gen2 skis, and was not happy with that setup. Steering=impossible. I've recently swapped the Simmons for Yami mountain skis and will give it a try shortly. I think the Simmons Gen2 twin keels (and long ones at that) were just too much for steering effort. A work in progress.

Thanks for all the help guys. I did make some changes/ adjustments before riding again this past weekend. The sled is a lot better now. I did add a 13mm sway bar and new Woody's 8" carbides to the stock skis. The front shock springs are full soft, center shock full soft, rear spring blocks set to full soft, and the limiter strap pulled up one hole.

We only noticed two minor problems. First, the rear skid did bottom out a few times. I have now set the rear springs to medium. Second, the sled is very "darty". It does turn in the corners with no push at all. It is also very flat in the corners now.

I think I will try a set of tuner skis on my next ride. Hoping to get back out in a couple of weeks.

I did make a mistake on my original post. This is a 2006, not a 2005. Sorry about the confusion.

The next problem is the fuel consumption. My 2000 SRX 700 is getting better fuel range than this venture. The venture runs perfectly. However, my average fuel economy is only 9 mpg. Any ideas what I should be looking for? I have had the carbs off of several 2 strokers in the past, but never messed with the 4 strokes. They are easy to get to, but I don't know anything about the stock set up. What jets (pilots & mains), air screw settings, needle settings etc?

I have an 05 Vector and just put on the tuner skis this season, with 2in carbides outside and 4 in inside. So far it seems to have stopped the darting. I still get some push in soft snow, but I've got over 6k on the original track without studs and I think that may be contributing. I'm hoping the OEM carbides will last, but if they fail early I'll get some Woodies. Probably do a new track over the summer. Big question is whether to stud it or not. Rolled the sled last weekend when ice sent me onto a snow bank.

Studs will make it push more. Might have to get more aggressive with the carbides if you stud.

Back