• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Apex motor electrical output

14 VDC and 35 amps @ 5,000 rpm.
According to the handy dandy shop manual.
Assuming after rectification.

I was understanding that the Apex electrical system was much higher output than 35 amps as I have the motor installed on a RZR utv and it has several cooling fans and dual radiators and HID lights, right now it's at 33 amp load without the HID being on.

Sounds like you may be approaching the limits of the charging system.
The only thing that may happen with hids on is that you may start dropping voltage. As long as it doesn't drop below about 12.8 you should be fine.

You may be saving power on the HIDs mine were 35 Watt back in the day and the stock remember was 55W halogen on the apex. I ended up with 6 watt LEDs and wired them to the high beam switch so I could shut them off and on. Then I had plenty of amps for everything I had running on the sled. You are probably close to the limit but you can save a little energy with lights. How much fun is the razor swap? I kind of want to do that for performance but more important to hear that motor all summer!

Back