• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Apex reverse on an 03 RX-1?

LB - depending on the year and model Apex, isn't it possible the gear & chain combination may be different too? Or all the reverse gear / chain combinations 24/38 with 70L? Just curious....

No difference in the gear and chain combinations. The same top gear and chain is used for reverse and non-reverse. All 121/136 RX models 03 through 09 have 38T bottom gears and 70L chains for both reverse and non-reverse. All RX mountain 03-09 have 40T bottom gear and 68L chains.

So it's not an error, and if you bought an 07 or 08 RTX reverse kit (like I almost did) you'd end up with different gear & chain combination than stock.... Not trying to make a big deal out of it, I'm just not familiar with gear and chain combinations and I'm trying to get my facts straight. ;)!

WarriorBeads said:
So it's not an error, and if you bought an 07 or 08 RTX reverse kit (like I almost did) you'd end up with different gear & chain combination than stock.... Not trying to make a big deal out of it, I'm just not familiar with gear and chain combinations and I'm trying to get my facts straight. ;)!

No, because you reuse the existing chain and top gear.

It is the same case. I have a 06 cover on a 05 rear half. LB is right just reuse your top gear and chain. Maxdlx

Back