• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 MachZ VS. Nytro

i have 06 mach zx and 08 mxzx 800 09 etec 600x and nitro se so think i can give you some realy good perspective, out of all my sleds i like the nitro se the best but it has taken $2000 in up grades for me to say that and a lot of time figuring out a set up that works, out of the box the nytro has the best suspension but will not corner on groomed trails period. switched to skidoo pilot skis with 4 stud boy 7,5 inch carbides, pulled down front limiter strap 2 holes, lowered air presure to 40 psi on front shocks and sofened up rear suspension settings, added trail tank and full excell exhaust, favorite sled now but still ride the rest regularly and keep going back to the nytro, takes a lot more steering effort than the skidoos but for me it is more fun to ride suspention is better in the bumps and sounds great with the exhaust on it, hand warmers is the only real issue i still have with the sled but the exhaust works great for warming your hands up, let me know if you have any more questions

280chopper said:
i have 06 mach zx and 08 mxzx 800 09 etec 600x and nitro se so think i can give you some realy good perspective, out of all my sleds i like the nitro se the best but it has taken $2000 in up grades for me to say that and a lot of time figuring out a set up that works, out of the box the nytro has the best suspension but will not corner on groomed trails period. switched to skidoo pilot skis with 4 stud boy 7,5 inch carbides, pulled down front limiter strap 2 holes, lowered air presure to 40 psi on front shocks and sofened up rear suspension settings, added trail tank and full excell exhaust, favorite sled now but still ride the rest regularly and keep going back to the nytro, takes a lot more steering effort than the skidoos but for me it is more fun to ride suspention is better in the bumps and sounds great with the exhaust on it, hand warmers is the only real issue i still have with the sled but the exhaust works great for warming your hands up, let me know if you have any more questions

Hey 280chopper

Thanks for the info. How much were the tank and exhaust? Are they easy to install? Would I need to rework front suspension on a 2009? I heard they handle a lot better than the 2008's. Im a fairly big guy 6-3 240lbs. Is it going to be comfortable? I ride a lot in Ontario, CA so what kind of mileage does the Nytro get. I would probably need the trail tank. Did the exhaust help performance any??

Lastly and most important, how's the reliability??

I know, a lot of questions sorry, but very interested in your answers.

Thanks again

You asked about mileage - I'm consistently getting 18 mpg out of my 08 nytro - all of my riding is on groomed trail (or at least mostly groomed....lol).

I get roughly 100 miles out of a tank on my '09 XTX depending on where I am riding (off-trail or on). When I ride with 800's or other bigger-bore sleds, I'm usually good, but when riding with 600's, etc- I tend to be the one looking for gas first. I agree though- it does take some mods to get the sled to really handle well on the trails- even after all that though, it still takes a fair amount of rider input to carry a lot of speed through the corners in the trails- (read: if you like to sit down most of the time while you ride, you may not be happy with the nytro- it wasn't designed with that in mind). If you primarily ride groomed trails- the apex would be a much better sled in my opinion- BUT, if you like to occasionally play in the powder or you enjoy the occasional super-bumpy ungroomed trail run- there's nothing better than the XTX. You shouldn't need to do anything with the front end on an '09 XTX to get it to handle well (all the 09 sleds got the updated front end except the MTN models), the 08's though, I have heard need a little tweaking. The only thing I did with my rear susp. was install some torsion spring spacers from Hygear- which allow the springs to work much more efficiently. I was able to back them off to the Med setting after the install which made the rear suspension much more compliant in the the small stutter bumps. I like the longer tracks for a smoother ride too over the 121's.

Back