• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 nytro issues??

dirtmover800

Hey fellas, looking at a 2006 nytro with 2000 miles( figure it be a good trail sled for gf).. sled has been in storage for 6 years and hasn't being started or nothing.. is there any issues comman issues with these sleds I'm not very familiar with the 4 stroke sleds yet. Thanks!

welcome to the site!

as it has been in storage awhile, i would replace the fuel filters, clean the carbs, change the oils (chain case and engine) and check the version on the timing chain tensioner. fill with fresh 91 octane with seafoam or sabil in it unless you plan on draining the tank for storage. cannot find the thread about pressurizing the vent line to help it pick up the fuel after storage. i do reccomend a new battery as that one is most likely toast.

chain tensioner thread
https://ty4stroke.com/threads/cam-chain-tensioner-replacement-3-cylinder-engine-05-07.90826/

carb cleaning thread http://www.totallyamaha.com/snowmob...Carb Cleaning/Carb cleaning 101 with pics.htm

after you have it running, i would then check the front shock psi as some came with fox floats and they are known to leak down. check all the wheel bearings for grease as well as the speedo bearing and the one behind the secondary clutch. grease it all up, check the alignment & wear bars and wait for snow for any other issues to show up.

anything else you need help with just chime in and we will get you pointed in the right direction.

The Nytro section is a couple up from where you posted. In it is a FAQ sticky. Tons of info. The exam is in the morning.

Welcome to TY.

The Nytro section is a couple up from where you posted. In it is a FAQ sticky. Tons of info. The exam is in the morning.

Welcome to TY.

He is in the correct forum. His sled is a 2006, the fx nytro didn't come out until 2008.

My advice since this is for your GF, is find a different sled.

I had an '06 Nytro and it's EXTREMELY tippy, and the suspension sucks balls. The gen one FLOATS are garbage, and that CK skid is either rock hard, or bottoms out smashing your spine.

Look for an 08-09 Vector if you don't mind carburetion, but are in the Deltabox 2 chassis ("Apex" chassis) The 05-07 Vectors are the old RX chassis, and the engines suffer from the same timing chain tensioner failure potential as the 06-07 Nytro.

Ideally a 10+ Vector would be better yet with F/I and the Mono 2 skid.

Last edited:
My advice since this is for your GF, is find a different sled.

I had an '06 Nytro and it's EXTREMELY tippy, and the suspension sucks balls. The gen one FLOATS are garbage, and that CK skid is either rock hard, or bottoms out smashing your spine.

Maybe different adjustments? I had a '06 Nytro for about 7 years, absolutely loved it. (also stretched it out to a 136") Wasn't anywhere close to what I'd consider tippy, no where close to my current FX nytro. It is wide, low, and has a pretty stiff anti-roll bar up front. The thing liked to be ridden hard around twisty trails.

rode my old 05 rx war after my brother put a mountain mod apex seat on it. was not much tippyer with that seat vs the stock seat witch was 4" lower and he only played with the olins shock settings and not the springs or sway bar since i sold it to him.

Back