• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 RS Venture Battery Change

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha RS Venture
I have an 06 RS Venture with a dead battery. This is my first Yamaha so I'm guessing from looking at it that the battery is buried in the middle of the engine compartment underneath the air box? I was just wondering how hard of a job is it to get to the battery to change it?

Welcome to this site. I changed the battery on my 2016 Vector recently. According to everybody on here should be the same Delta box chassis. All I had to do was remove the air box. Battery was under a plastic cover held on by a rubber strap. You will find this site very helpful. Best Snowmobile forum I have ever been on!

Yes, not a bad job at all especially on the older style sleds with the flip up hood. A battery tender, reconditioner isn't a bad idea for storage

I was able to get the battery changed pretty easily but it's still not starting up. I ended changing out the plugs and it's still not firing up.

was it running before the battery died?

does it fire on quick start or brake cleaner (flammable one)?

those where bad for plugging the pilot jets when they where not run enough and emptying the bowls on the carbs.

Back