• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Vector GT Bog

punchtech

Veteran
I just picked up a 06 Vecxtor Gt leftover. Really looking forward to riding it, When I start it and let it warm up for a few minutes I cannot blip the throttle without it boggin and \or stalling. I bypassed the TORS and still have the problem. It has 0 miles so I hope it goes away when it warms up and is broken in. Is this a common problem? Thanks for any help!

The sled was still cold. You gotta warm em up. A few minutes ain,t enuff to be blipping the throttle.

Read the Book. It will answer a lot of your questions. Turk's right. They got to warm up a bit. There should be a light blinking in the meter when you start it. When it stops blinkin', then you can give er' a Blip.

Len Todd said:
Read the Book. It will answer a lot of your questions. Turk's right. They got to warm up a bit. There should be a light blinking in the meter when you start it. When it stops blinkin', then you can give er' a Blip.

When first starting this sled up, even though the light comes off, you still should wait a little bit after before "blipping" the gas. My girlfriends sled was the same way yesterday. I've got the sled in my shop now, for saddle bags, ski handles, etc. I'll re-check the plugs again. I may have fouled them.lol She to has the 2006 Vector GT.

-1CS

Thanks for the replys, I have read the book from front to back and
have waited 2-3 minutes after the light go's out to try and blip the throttle,
a few times it stalled out, the other times it bogged real bad, so maybe the plugs are fouled out or wet.
Thanks again for the feedback.

No....you need to let it really warm up. The Vectors need ALOT longer than the RX1's. Just because the light stops flashing it doesn't mean the sled is at operating temp. It'll be fine.

My buddy bought one and it did the exact same thing. Also the sled runs very different in the warmer temps. We let his Vector warm up for a lot longer than ours when we ride.

Also if you keep starting it without riding it you will foul the plugs. You have to resist the temptation to start it. The plugs are not cheap.

Thanks guys, It eases my mind. I have been a Arctic Cat rider for 10 years, yamaha before that, and have been riding a ZR600 efi which
has been a great sled, so switching was a little bit tough but this site and
all of the positive posts really helped with the choice!
Thanks again!

You can start it without riding it but the trick is to let it warm up completely. Also when starting it up turn the choke off as soon as the engine will run without it. I have 2 Rages and have started them once a month the last 2 off seasons and have never fouled a plug.

punchtech,

Concur with the warm-up process however, pilot jets can easily get gummed up especially if the machine has sat for nearly a year. This is also a problem with summer storage. Pilot jets are much smaller on a four stroke than a two stroke.

If the plugs are wet, plus the other symptoms described, the motor won't clean-up by itself. Next step is to clean the pilot jets. Also have the carbs re-sychronized. Have your dealer do it. ;)!

Let us know how things turn out.

Hope this helps!

I had the same problem with my wife's 06 Rage. I decided to take it to the dealer when I took my Warrior in for it's pre-season check up. When I explained to the dealer what the problem was he said that he knew what the problem was and that there was a bulletin issued on it. We got talking about other things so I forgot to ask what the problem was. Will fill you in when I pick the sleds up this Saturday.

Old thread revived.....I just bought a 07 Vect Mtn for the wife real low miles. Took carbs off and cleaned including pilot and it has this same bog actually stalls out if you try to rev up. Is it simply a matter of warming up LOTS and this will cure or should I keep looking for a solution.

This is where a temp gauge is worth the price, not just for over heat issues.
Thats why I have one on my sled, very handy item.

Nick ;)!

Back