• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 APEX boondocker turbo almost done

gucciboy said:
we should forget all about snowmobiles and just race our Dynos....lol

You can do that on Amsnow.com every day... :o|

Attachments

• shocks 006.jpg
    shocks 006.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 56
dyno war

I by no means am trying to state we got anything, We are just stating what it showed on the dyno and we are extremly happy with what we got.

We run Ulmer racing clutch kits in our trail sleds and yes he has the patience of god because I have asked some dumb questions LOL

I think this sled if it hooks will be alot of fun this year

The dyno graph was more like the red line, but it was going down much faster...

Those mountain track eat hp like no tommorow!!!

Allen
Can you really do any half way close clutching on the track dyno? Is it the kind of thing that time in the saddle tells you how much load to put to the track, is the load adjustable. I would expect the load to be a big factor on clutch setup. Just wondering?
Thanks Greg :flag:

Greg, load is non-adjustable. It is an inertia type dyno. After 5 years we are usually very close from our dyno setup to field tested & calibrated setup.

I can tell you for a fact that 230 engine hp doesnt make 150hp track hp , I have a track dyno and have one of the fastest Pro-1000's in exsistance and it makes just over the 150hp mark on the track dyno with 270 engine hp . your only fooling yourself with the spike's .

Here are a few data points... and I've looked at one of those dyno graphs...

It have somewhat of a spike... but not very much...

156hp at 65mph (in spike)
143hp at 75mph (still in spike)
115hp at 85mph (not anymore in spike)
86hp at 95mph (started to drop like a cliff at 92mph)

after that it almost drop to nothing...

Does that makes more sense?

Spikes?

Who said anything about spikes? we got over 5 consistant runs @ 148 and that was without loading the motor to spool the turbo harder.

I know realize just like others that 4 strokes are the future of going fast, It is just how much do you want to spend.

jonnyturbo, I don't believe anyone is speaking of your track dyno numbers. Yours seem right inline with where they should be. I believe we are discussing mulot30th's track dyno numbers. With a mountain track his seem very high.

Srxspec said:
jonnyturbo, I don't believe anyone is speaking of your track dyno numbers. Yours seem right inline with where they should be. I believe we are discussing mulot30th's track dyno numbers. With a mountain track his seem very high.
Yes they seems high ... at least in comparison... that is weird....

I bet different dynos are ... different!

BTW those are not my numbers (apex) since I haven't made it run right at thie time.

We did some testing this past weekend in A field and it ran hard!! Has any one else tried this same kit out? and if you have what rpm's are you running with what clutch set up?

Back