• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Apex RTX....Good deal?

IFlyEm

Expert
2007 Yamaha Apex for sale, has 2523 miles, in excellent condition. The front shocks are getting rebuilt as we speak. Comes with tall and short windshield. . $4,900

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• DSC00313.jpg
    DSC00313.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC00318.jpg
    DSC00318.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC00320.jpg
    DSC00320.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 103

The rtx is a great sled...Powerful, handles the bumps pretty well, steers great, (once you set up the sleds suspension)...Price seems fair for a sled that has no mileage... Not a big lover of the yellow, but that is just me....

Awesome sled, really cheap price.

I know it's still early but I've had a hard time selling mine. It's in good shape, miles are fairly low, and I feel like the price is fair. The think the RTX model is not that desirable to most.

If you get it I wouldn't even ride it without re-valving the shocks in the skid. :sled1: Also get some better carbides or ski's if you want it to corner well and add some wheels for hyfax life. Also I wouldn't plan on doing much off trail in the deep snow they will get stuck and suffer from track ratchet. Although if you keep the track super tight and keep on the power in the semi-deep snow they are surprisingly decent. For such a big heavy sled they carve well with some body english.

They are a fast fun sled. I love the motor in mine and when the trails are smooth there is none better.

Attachments

• 903047_121318304730583_1283657723_o.jpg
    903047_121318304730583_1283657723_o.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 87
My plan is if she likes it I will swap the skid for an XTX skid and run some extroverts. I am looking at ski/carbide options.

IFlyEm said:
My plan is if she likes it I will swap the skid for an XTX skid and run some extroverts. I am looking at ski/carbide options.
Why? I have 11,000 miles on my stock valved shocks. The only thing you need to do is ditch all the yellow.

I,ve got one as well, and love the torque. I,ve traded rides with my buddies, and driven their 1200 doos. I love the light steering feel of there sleds, but they don,t have the same pull when exiting the bush, and finding a one mile long, freshly groomed trail thru the fields.
My only complaint is that my steering is heavy, and you need popeye arms to turn the thing in the twisties. I,m thinking of adding a bigger spring to the front shock in the skid. And mine has even more yellow than it came from the factory with. LOL :4STroke:

#1APEXRIDER said:
I,ve got one as well, and love the torque. I,ve traded rides with my buddies, and driven their 1200 doos. I love the light steering feel of there sleds, but they don,t have the same pull when exiting the bush, and finding a one mile long, freshly groomed trail thru the fields.
My only complaint is that my steering is heavy, and you need popeye arms to turn the thing in the twisties. I,m thinking of adding a bigger spring to the front shock in the skid. And mine has even more yellow than it came from the factory with. LOL :4STroke:
I dont understand you guys complaining about the steering being heavy, I can ride my sled one handed and not have any complaints about heavy steering. Oh well ride on.

Teamblue4 said:
IFlyEm said:
Why? I have 11,000 miles on my stock valved shocks. The only thing you need to do is ditch all the yellow.

Primarily because we plan on making trips out west and my Nytro is primarily set up as an off trail sled. Plus I think the stock skid is going to be to stiff for her.

As mentioned above mine is a heavy steering sled also may want to have her try a 'pex if shes never been on one. I can set so it's not so heavy but it won't have the bite in the corners I like.

i agree i wouldn't ride it without revalving that skid, worst suspension i ever rode! other than that sounds like a good deal to me I had cna razors on mine and shimmed them and didnt have hard steering with a 13mm sway bar

Back