• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Attack Clunk. Clunk in Medium Bumps?

whitedust1

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Apex XTX
Limiter strap set on hole 2. Front end shocks compression 2 clicks toward hard from middle. Front end shocks rebound couple of clicks to increase rebound. Monoshock rebound few clicks past center to increase rebound. Transfer on min. Sled handles well in trails. How do I tune out annoying clunking noise. What is it?

i get the same thing on my gt when going slow to medium speeds over big bumps.tried adjusting the electronic shock up and down ,no difference.i think we will just have to live with it.

Hmmmm so I can't tune this out? I thought perhaps increasing rebound up front or decreasing limiter 1 hole might min. some of it? Should I even try? Is it worth the effort? clunk clunk clunk

whitedust1 said:
Hmmmm so I can't tune this out? I thought perhaps increasing rebound up front or decreasing limiter 1 hole might min. some of it? Should I even try? Is it worth the effort? clunk clunk clunk

Search the forum, someone added a rubber shim to stop the clunk.

I get it too..Stock 07 Attak stock settings.

Searched but can't find picture of O ring cure if that indeed is the cure. Seems to me the transfer rod should not clunk like that when extended. Is that whack clunk damaging to transfer rod over time? Very annoying in slow junk I want it GONE if I can loose it.

FX4 said "I have taken a 2006 and 2008 transfer rod apart 2008 has new softer rubber bushings that help with the clunking & will fit into the 2006 2007."
Just order three from your local dealer 8gm473840000.

Now this sounds like a real clunk fix from Yamaha where it should come from.

Thanks for the search help iceman 57. Should be a sticky all here & keeps coming up.

Iceman57 said:
I think i need to hold a search 101 class.... :jump:

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... ansfer+rod

HAHA Yeah that is the 2nd time you have had to find that thread for someone!

Guys, you should try this if you can't live with the clunking as I couldn't. It has really made a difference in the ride quality of my Attak. I don't hear the clunking anymore. I can still feel it somewhat, but it was the noise that bothered me. Before I knew what it was, I spent more time on the side of the trail trying to figure out what the heck that noise was. For a couple of dollars and an hour of time, this mod is well worth it.

Ill be doing this to mine this spring, also will be advising my dad to do the same thing to his.

Ive nboticed this on mine and ive only owned it for 2 days now, i rode his also tonight and noticed his did the same thing.

thanks rappa, thats a great write up. I think the moderators should have made that posting into a sticky.

My 08 ltx bangs like a mofo so if there are softer rubber rings in the monoshock they forgot to put them in the 7 ltx's up here because they all bang very badly.Throw that piece of crap transfer rod in the garbage because that is all it is good for.A 15,000 sled and it sounds like crap on bumpy trails.My 2005 poo is alot nicer to ride on these trails.

Back