• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Attack front Ohlins fit 2009 MTX?

BryanK410

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Apex MTX
Found a guy parting out an attack and has the Ohlins for it. Was wondering if they are a simple swap in or is the front end different on the mountains? He lists them as ohlin front shocks 17.5” open and approx 13” closed if that makes a difference.

He also has rear ohlin with big boy spring, I"m guessing it won't fit but maybe someone here would know for sure.
Thanks!

mtx apex has shorter shocks than the standard apex/attack. if you do like my brother and put the trail front end on then they will fit.

Thanks !
Dont think im going through all that to mount a used pair of shocks though just going to pass on them.

Mountain sleds have a narrower front end, those shocks would be to long.

He is also mistaken on his measurements. Stock Ohlins are 16.5" CTC and MTX shocks are 15.5" CTC. You can use MTX shocks on Trail sleds and vice versa just understand how it screws up the OEM parallelogram of track and skis. I have had both and experienced the effects. If you put them on your MTX it would give you more front end height and possibly make the sled trench a little more and add ski pressure. If you remounted the rear suspension to compensate then it would fix that but raise your COG so the sled may be tippy in the deep. So it depends what you are after.

He is also mistaken on his measurements. Stock Ohlins are 16.5" CTC and MTX shocks are 15.5" CTC. You can use MTX shocks on Trail sleds and vice versa just understand how it screws up the OEM parallelogram of track and skis. I have had both and experienced the effects. If you put them on your MTX it would give you more front end height and possibly make the sled trench a little more and add ski pressure. If you remounted the rear suspension to compensate then it would fix that but raise your COG so the sled may be tippy in the deep. So it depends what you are after.

Thanks. He wanted way too much for the imo anyway.
Maybe set of floats down the road, save some weight. Skis usually in the air anyway lol. Or maybe different rear skid first if I come across a decent deal.

Back