• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Attak GT Electric Ohlins wiring..............

Mighty

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
22 Mach Z
23 Sidewinder SRX
I just picked up an 07 Attak GT and was wondering if Yamaha fixed the chronic wiring breaking issue on the rear electric Ohlins for 07?

Mighty said:
I just picked up an 07 Attak GT and was wondering if Yamaha fixed the chronic wiring breaking issue on the rear electric Ohlins for 07?
Don't know if the wire breaking is chronic. I've put on 2000 miles without any problems.There is plenty of ice buildup around that wire & solenoid though.As a precaution last summer I added about 8 tywraps to keep the wire pretty much in place. ;)!

I haven't had any issues with mine. Best Yamaha I have had for suspension so far. I really like the electronic adjust and the way its calibrated.

I also added as many zip-ties as I could. No problems at all! Just the revavle with heavier spring, works great! Have not had any better! Honk

Elec. ohlin shock wire (07 attack)

Wire broke at 200 mi. dealer fix it. At 600 broke, I fix it by opening up plug and re-attaching wire to contact and added more zip-ties. Rode another 100 miles,broken wire again. This time going remove both male & female plug, attach wires directly then soder then heat shrink wrap and zip-tie up out of harms way. The plug take up so much room in a convined area the wire is being pulled at 90 degrees, when zip-tied out of way. Just my 2cents.

Back