• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Phazer, Engine wont idle

nitrosport_5`

Country
USA
Snowmobile
07 Phazer
I have a bit of a project im working on swaping a 2007 phazer engine into a buggy frame. Ive got everything in and working, the engine runs great and pulls good but will not idle. you can keep the throttle cracked open with the throttle cable and it will idle all day long but let off and it slows way down and dies. Even starting it will pop and try but never start unless you give it a little throttle. I have the throttle switch bypassed because the buggy uses a neutral safety switch to prevent a runaway instead.

The only thing i can find is after my first test ride, it is flashing a code 42, speed sensor. Im guessing thats because i dont have any of the original speed sensors or forward/reversing mechanism wired in. Would this be causing my idle issue or do i have other issues? and is there any way to fool to ecu to not care that all of this extra stuff is missing? basically im trying to get this engine running stand alone from any of the sled chassis sensors.

If anyone has any suggestions im all ears. Thanks

I have a bit of a project im working on swaping a 2007 phazer engine into a buggy frame. Ive got everything in and working, the engine runs great and pulls good but will not idle. you can keep the throttle cracked open with the throttle cable and it will idle all day long but let off and it slows way down and dies. Even starting it will pop and try but never start unless you give it a little throttle. I have the throttle switch bypassed because the buggy uses a neutral safety switch to prevent a runaway instead.

The only thing i can find is after my first test ride, it is flashing a code 42, speed sensor. Im guessing thats because i dont have any of the original speed sensors or forward/reversing mechanism wired in. Would this be causing my idle issue or do i have other issues? and is there any way to fool to ecu to not care that all of this extra stuff is missing? basically im trying to get this engine running stand alone from any of the sled chassis sensors.

If anyone has any suggestions im all ears. Thanks

You would have to find out what the voltage is that each missing part sees and then fool it. Maybe a resister .. Im no electronics guy so I am just tossing out ideas.

You might just want to check the easy thing - the idle adjustment screw. It may have gotten hosed up when you did the swap to your buggy. I believe the idle adjustment comes off the bottom side of the throttle bodies, with an extended flexible rod so it can be reached when it's in the Phazer frame/body.
upload_2017-6-21_8-32-37.png

my apex acted the same way after some engine work turned out I had the idle air tube plugged still. on the ape it gets its idle air from a little tube the runs to the air box not thru the butterflies. hope it helps.

my apex acted the same way after some engine work turned out I had the idle air tube plugged still. on the ape it gets its idle air from a little tube the runs to the air box not thru the butterflies. hope it helps.

well, i found my issue. the air intake i built for the buggy didnt have the hole cut in thr center, i didnt realize it didnt get the idle air through the main butterflys. once i opened up the idle passage it idles like new.

sorry for my late reply, had to step away from this thing for a bit. Thanks for all your suggestions, it really helps to have more minds on an issue like this

So when do we get to see a video of this phazer-engined buggy spinning some tires? ;-)

So when do we get to see a video of this phazer-engined buggy spinning some tires? ;-)

hopefully this weekend if my parts show up. waiting on a fan shroud for the radiator, and a few small other things. still have to figure out how to get rid of the code 84. hopefully if i wire in the speed sensor it will be happy even if it isnt going to be reading anything.

Back