• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 fx nytro

It doesn't look like Yammy fully covered up the hole in the tunnel under the exhaust afterall.

Also, I would like to see a pic of the sled with the larger windshield besides the closeup.

Attachments

• fxnytrortx_7ee_c6dc92a0.jpg
    fxnytrortx_7ee_c6dc92a0.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 167
  • 08fxnytro_7t_a6054590.jpg
    08fxnytro_7t_a6054590.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 173
Auskins said:
From Maximumsled

"Proven on the track yet made for the consumer, the new FX Nytro is a brand new model from the spindles up. It borrows styling queues and a few parts from the Phazer, but the chassis is new to accommodate a new motor. The big news with FX Nytro is the weight savings. We were told that this sled comes in at only about 10 lbs. heavier than the Phazer, WET. Our Ultimate Sled Weight Challenge revealed that the Phazer weighs about 550 lbs. full of fuel and ready to rock. This puts the FX Nytro at about 560 lbs. trail-ready. That is impressive. Savings came from several areas, but mostly by reducing and combining parts and changing materials on some."

The biggest gain in the wet weight was from reducing the fuel tank by 3 gallons.

Does it look like a penis to anyone else? Seriously... it looks like Ace and Gary's car from the side. My wife actually noticed it first and after that it is all I could see.

rockrider said:
Does it look like a penis to anyone else? Seriously... it looks like Ace and Gary's car from the side. My wife actually noticed it first and after that it is all I could see.

hahahahahahaha, wife notices it first hahahahha

Looks like an IQ race sled to me, anybody else wondering how hard its gonna be to reach those bars while sitting down?

Why would yami waste their time with anti engine braking BS, its gotta add extra weight!!. I love the engine brake efffect on the trail.

The way I read that Maximumsled thing:

We have a somewhat new chassis that was likely made bigger to accomodate the bigger motor. We have a new engine that is 560cc's larger.

And they surmise that it weighs only 10 lbs more than the Phazer? This doesn't add up.

Based on that, I will speculate here that when these things hit the scales, or Yamaha finally PUBLISHES a dry weight, there will be a LOT of disappointed people to find it weighs much more than 560 wet.

But I am just speculating...just like everyone else is...INCLUDING Maximumsled. Any person or magazine statement that begins with "We were told..." and is backed up by a Yamaha website that says "Dry weight: N/A," is a statement that I personally do NOT put any faith in.

If someone REPUTABLE from Yamaha told them it will weigh about 10 lbs more than the Phazer, then I would fully expect to see a dry weight spec on their website that is 10 lbs more than the Phazer. But we do not see that...

I for one am VERY suspicious of the weight that Maximumsled published.

pro116 said:
I'm guessin 19-23mpg the vectors where commonly getting 18-21

I'm less optimistic. Remember when the new Apex motor first came out, with fuel injection and 10 more hp than the RX1? Everyone speculated fuel mileage should increase. It decreased, and this forum was loaded with people complaining about their Apex/Attak fuel mileage.

Now we have a vector motor with fuel injection, 10 more hp, AND 5% more displacement.

So if history is a lesson, I'm going to bet the 18-21 120 hp motors will produce 16 to 19 (US gallon) in the new 130 FI setup.

So let's say 18 mpg x 7.5 gallons = New Nytro 135 mile fuel range.

Doos SDI's pull 16 to 18 mpg with a nearly 10.6 gallon tank = 180= mile fuel range.

Poo's Cleanfires are running 15-ish mpg with a 11.7 gallon tank = 175 mile fuel range.

Cats always drink more...probably 12 to 14 mpg, but compensate with a 12.2 gallon tank = 160 mile fuel range.

So here's my prediction of a 2008 trail-side discussion that I NEVER thought I'd hear: "You mean we gotta start looking for fuel for that Yamaha AGAIN?!?!?!"

Until I see some real-world numbers, I personally will not believe that this new sled will get better fuel mileage than the 120 carb'd sleds. And I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I think the 7.5 gallon tank is a terrible mistake, and that one spec will significantly impact my buying decision.

craze1cars said:
Now we have a vector motor with fuel injection, 10 more hp, AND 5% more displacement.

For clarification it is NOT a Vector motor.

I agree that the one BIG issue with this sled is the small gas tank. COME ON YAMAHA.

It was said earlier that they probably put a small tank on the sled to improve the wet weight readings, I totally agree with that statement.

I am hoping that when the sled is in it true final calibration and production ready they pull a " by the way, we put a bigger gas tank on it"

Matt

craze1cars said:
pro116 said:
I'm guessin 19-23mpg the vectors where commonly getting 18-21

I'm less optimistic. Remember when the new Apex motor first came out, with fuel injection and 10 more hp than the RX1? Everyone speculated fuel mileage should increase. It decreased, and this forum was loaded with people complaining about their Apex/Attak fuel mileage.

So if history is a lesson, I'm going to bet the 18-21 120 hp motors will produce 16 to 19 (US gallon) in the new 130 FI setup.

So let's say 18 mpg x 7.5 gallons = New Nytro 135 mile fuel range.

Doos SDI's pull 16 to 18 mpg with a nearly 10.6 gallon tank = 180= mile fuel range.

Poo's Cleanfires are running 15-ish mpg with a 11.7 gallon tank = 175 mile fuel range.

Cats always drink more...probably 12 to 14 mpg, but compensate with a 12.2 gallon tank = 160 mile fuel range.

So here's my prediction of a 2008 trail-side discussion that I NEVER thought I'd hear: "You mean we gotta start looking for fuel for that Yamaha AGAIN?!?!?!"

Until I see some real-world numbers, I personally will not believe that this new sled will get better fuel mileage than the 120 carb'd sleds. And I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I think the 7.5 gallon tank is a terrible mistake, and that one spec will significantly impact my buying decision.

Doo consistently touts their gas mileage... But you know what? with my Phazer people aren't looking to me asking if I need gas. They are looking to the other brands. You're making a lot of assumptions with very little facts to back it. I don't care as long as I get close to the same range.

And I would watch the weight video yamaha has on their site. You'll get a weight there.

Yamahator I do agree with you...frankly with the 80 hp 500cc Phazer getting stellar mileage, the small tank is probably very adequate for that sled and I never claimed it wasn't.

But now we have a 130 hp motor with more than double the displacement? I suspect the new motor will drain that tiny tank much quicker than your Phazer does. But as everyone else is, I'm only guessing. The proof will come out next season when people start posting their range and mileage numbers...I am frankly expecting another complaint session to start when that happens.

I'll have to look at their video to see what you're talking about on the weight, I haven't seen that yet. Thank you for pointing out that some more info is there. But if a weight is provided in the video, why is it not on their spec sheet? If I recall, Yami did the same thing with the Phazer last year...bragged about the light weight but didn't provide official dry weight spec until much later in the year after things had been stiffened and fattened up a little bit. But I don't remember what the numbers all actually were at the time.

Marketing, marketing, marketing I suspect. Every mfr is equally guilty of stretching the truth on the "hot buttons" in their own unique ways...they all play the games...and we all continue to bite and buy.

Back