• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Shock Reservoir Removal

JustJoe

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Nytro FX
Looking for advice or guidance on how to remove the skid shock reservoir on a 2008 Nytro FX RTX. Looking at the microfiche it appears it's only two hose clamps and the reservoir will come out with the rubber "boot". I'm attaching a picture of the fishe and it is part number 44' 45 & 46 that I'm talking about. I don't need to remove the whole mount correct?

Screenshot_20231221_163653_Chrome.jpg

be aware that is is most likely pressurized.

The shock and reservoir must come out as one piece.
Removing the 2 hose clamps around the reservoir and the bolts on each end of the shock will allow this to happen.
You can leave the mount, Item 44 in the skid.

be aware that is is most likely pressurized.
I'm not trying to decouple the two components, just trying to remove the reservoir as the shock is disconnected on both top and bottom but the reservoir is snug in the mount. I'll try again tonight. Granted i'm doing this with the skid in, on the floor of a trailer with only shop light and being cold as a motivation to finish.

The shock and reservoir must come out as one piece.
Removing the 2 hose clamps around the reservoir and the bolts on each end of the shock will allow this to happen.
You can leave the mount, Item 44 in the skid.

I removed the clamps but the reservoir was snug. I'll look again tonight and try some light prying.

Back