• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 MTX mods

splaterwin

Veteran
All the info found on this site has inspired confidence to upgrade sled. New for this year Mountain Performance tunnel coolers, under tunnel exhaust using SuperTrapp tuneable 19 inch muffler, OFT exhaust block off plate, tail light cable run under tunnel, and Better Boards. Tunnel coolers are the ticket for keeping ice build up off tunnel. Exhaust is as quite as stock at idle, and super quite moving on snow. ;)!

Attachments

• Resize of DSCF1799.JPG
    Resize of DSCF1799.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 140
  • Resize of DSCF1798.JPG
    Resize of DSCF1798.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Resize of DSCF1797.JPG
    Resize of DSCF1797.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 132
  • Resize of DSCF1796.JPG
    Resize of DSCF1796.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 134
  • Resize of DSCF1794.JPG
    Resize of DSCF1794.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 130
  • Resize of DSCF1793.JPG
    Resize of DSCF1793.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 134
  • Resize of DSCF1792.JPG
    Resize of DSCF1792.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 133
  • Resize of DSCF1791.JPG
    Resize of DSCF1791.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 134

How does it sound. I would love to hear it. Do you have any videos on youtube or anything like that. Install looks very clean on the tunnel coolers. Did it go pretty easy?

How does it sound. I would love to hear it. Do you have any videos on youtube or anything like that. Install looks very clean on the tunnel coolers. Did it go pretty easy?

All I have is Gopro video holding on to grandson while riding trail but sound is muffled with that thing. Will try to get sound clips this weekend. Tunnel cooler install isn't to tough but I did take my time and thought it through.

Sledboy04 can't wait to see your changes. We need to link up and ride.

A couple of questions about the tunnel cooler. I have been admiring it ever since I saw it on Heath's sled last year.

It looks like you have Timbersled drop brackets. Was there any problem with them being in the way?

How far from the very rear of the tunnel is the cooler? It would be nice if it could move back even further to help eleminate more snow build-up. I can't beleive how much snow accumulates under these tunnels.

About how much water does it now hold?

got pics of installed cooler,,did you delete your rad and fan??

Login to see pics. Yes radiator and fan removed, tunnel coolers seem to be all thats needed with non aspirated sled.

It looks like you have Timbersled drop brackets. Was there any problem with them being in the way?

Slight trim is all it takes.

How far from the very rear of the tunnel is the cooler?

Haven't measured it but I'm guessing 10".

About how much water does it now hold?

Took 1.5 gallon.

Back