• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 nytro xtx not idling

yammidude02

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 yamaha nytro xtx
Hey guys, going on a trip next week so I pulled my nytro out to go over it and get it ready. She's been hibernating due to no snow this year. It ran fine nothing wrong but now for some reason it won't idle right? It's throwing no codes!? I've ran diagnostic and everything seems to check out good? I've tested the coils and they test out good. Spark plugs are fine. Anyone ever have a issue like this? I really have nowhere to start looking cause it won't even throw a code

Old gas? Maybe throttle position sensor needs adjustment? Tried adjusting idle speed?

Old gas? Maybe throttle position sensor needs adjustment? Tried adjusting idle speed?
Hey thanks for replying Mooseman! I did the Ole starting fluid trick around the intake boots and it revved up so I'm hoping loose boots is the cause?!

Quite possible. Maybe starting fluid is too volatile and gets sucked into the throttle. Maybe use carb cleaner instead.

Quite possible. Maybe starting fluid is too volatile and gets sucked into the throttle. Maybe use carb cleaner instead.
Well shoot. Your on to something there lol. Never thought of that...guess I'll find out when I put it back together

Back